Timing OK!!!! Still Got Problems

Mat

Ok, so still not happy with the car. Still got the EML on, and sometimes it wont start.

So, I took it back to my mates garage, he took it elsewhere to get it on a "proper diagnotcis", which apparently wont miss anything.... So It came up with the following:

P0341
Camshaft Position Sensor

P1250
Crankshaft Position Sensor

I changed the Camshaft Position Sensor about 2 weeks ago, yet still getting a fault. So the garage are saying to take the sensor back to GSF, and demand a refund/exchange (that'll be tricky, as it's electrical).

Any help/advise would be greatful

Also, where is the Crankshaft Position Sensor located?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Need to know what the faults are really, i.e open circuit, short circuit to know what the issue is. They I can look at a wiring diagram and see what connects them, as you say the timing is correct. Faults with both sensors at the same time are very rare unless the timing is out.

Mat

this is the last thread I put up with one of the codes listed in Post 1

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
If you PM me your chassis number ill have a look artt he wiring diagrams for you and see if there is anything directly common that may indicate an issue.

Might be worth having a look at the crank sensor, its down to the right of the oil filter, bottom of the block next to the gearbox.

Mat

Runs fine... Now and then it takes a few turns to start up

also noticed the vacuum is -14ish.... Used to be around -18/20 before

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Sounds like the timing is still out. The crank pulley bolt may have come slightly loose and allowed the pulley to spin slightly. Ususally only happens when the pulley is removed and not tightened up to spec, but you dont need to remove the bolt to go a belt change. Check the timing marks on the cam to the marks on the flywheel (through the top of the box once the rubber bung is popped out) and see if its out.

vngtx

is it a new belt? i had a car in last week that brought those 2 faults up (not same codes as different manufacturer) and actually turned out that a few teeth were missing off the timing belt. wudnt start.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Why dont you just check the timing yourself?

Notch on the top pulley with the notch on the valve cover.

Then look down and see the crank pully notches and also flywheel to box casing notches...

DSCF0640.jpg

DSCF0638.jpg

You can see mine was off...
DSCF1357.jpg

Mat

I'll have a look.... but 3 mechanics (all be it at same garage), have checked it everytime and are adament it's spot on. One of them is a mate, so he wouldn't lie. (I hope)

Think I'll have a quick look myself

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.