Tips and tricks..

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Afternoon all :)

We just picked up our lovely Arona FR 6MT, so far, so good (only a few hours in xD)

Just a few questions:

Info:
Device Part number: 6F0xxxxx0B
Hardware :H56
Software: 0782

1) Mirror link - do we need a special app to use this? I see Android auto works when we plug that in but not mirror link.
2) Mirror link - can this be used wirelessly or must it be plugged in?
3) Seat connect app - what is this? Is it worth going through the faff of getting it installed?
4) Fuse box - anyone know where this is? I've looked in the drivers & passenger footwell as well as by the drivers right knee and nothing?

I can understand the manual will probably tell me most of these answers however, just curious if any other Arona owners have some tips and tricks for us :D

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG-20210612-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20210612-WA0005.jpg
    317.5 KB · Views: 137

Tell

Staff member
1 & 2. No Android Auto replaced Mirror Link mainly for safety so you get allowed driving apps which can be used whilst driving that won't endanger you and other people. People fumble Mirror Link on / extend Android Auto so they can endanger others. Isn't recommended.

3 Seat really didn't have great success with their initial Mib2 apps. Mib3 if you want to do clever stuff then it's on the app. Different apps. You have to be careful which you download. Most people don't bother with mib2 apps. The Car button provides the basic information on consumption etc.

4 Fuse box 😍... let me just check. I know where the RHD Ateca one is, you drop the glove box past the dampness. VAG have a habit of keeping the cabling routes the same whether RHD or LHD, so they hide the RHD in the glove box. The Arona manual has it in the same location as LHD.

Screenshot_20210613-095644.png

You are in luck a YouTube video at 2:15 on. They did move the cabling on the car so it tallies with LHD, no dampners to remove, you just take the panel off.

If you are fitting a dash camera or thinking about pulling fuses or disconnecting air bags - stop and think. You can pull fuses but not the air bag one. Always know what the fuse does else you might hit the air bag one, ditto with the air bag cables. It's a common mistake. If the airbag circuit is disconnected whilst the battery is connected the car will bring up a warning light and you will need Obdeleven / VCDS tools etc to clear the warning off the dash.

Disconnecting the battery may effect the way Kessy works with mirrors in, if you have that and windows down on one touch. If it's like the Ateca you run this process to retrain them, my notes from the Ateca manual:

>>
Resetting one-touch opening and closing
The automatic open and close function will
not work if the battery has been temporarily
disconnected. The function can be restored
as follows:
– Close the window as far as it will go by lift-
ing and holding the electric window switch.
– Release the switch and then lift it again for
1 second. This will re-enable the automatic
function.
If you push (or pull) a button to the first
stage, the window will open (or close) until
you release the button. If you push or lift the
button briefly to the second stage, the win-
dow will open (one-touch opening) or close
(one-touch closing) automatically. If you op-
erate the button while the window is opening
or closing, it stops at this position.
<<

Or the Arona ones 😉

>>
Resetting one-touch opening and closing
– The automatic open and close function will
not work if the battery has been temporarily
disconnected. The function can be restored
as follows:
– Close the window as far as it will go by lift-
ing and holding the electric window switch.
– Release the switch and then lift it again for 1
second. This will re-enable the automatic
function.
If you push (or pull) a button to the first stage,
the window will open (or close) until you re-
lease the button. If you push or lift the button
briefly to the second stage, the window will
open (one-touch opening) or close (one-
touch closing) automatically. If you operate
the button while the window is opening or
closing, it stops at this position.
<<

On your maps you can update these to June 2021, yours is a mib2 standard, pre 2021 facelift Arona, follow the instructions on the resource on the "workaround", links to the current 1730 maps, possible pick Europe zone 1 if not travelling too far abroad. All of Europe now doesn't fit on the card, short term fix delete languages which aren't UK if you really need to drive beyond zone1 or by a VAG 32gb card covered on the linked discussion ... you must take a copy of the card first before you delete it although there are ways back described:

Current map releases for the standard mib2:

Last edited:

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Cheers bud, I managed to fit the dashcam to the fuse that isn't airbags, thanks manual! :D I have driven it about 15 miles already an no issues or warning lights, I might just replace the Earth connector with an "eye" onto the bolt.

I also don't have any SD cards in the glove compartment for the MAPS?

Tell

Staff member
If you see the mib2 unit in the glove box and it has SD slots in it (two), you have to get down low, below the CD slot, then you are missing the Seat map card. You ask your dealer for one. They normally have loads in their draw. If it's never been paired with a map card before then it will take it and you will see a map. If it says something like navigation not enabled that means it's already been paired with another release.

At this stage, don't get too excited since I doubt Seat can give you the latest release. Take the card and proceeds as lost SD card in the Overview:

>>
Lost, Stolen and Missing Cards from a Mib2 Standard Unit

Godzzi and myself covered on the thread the process of getting back a card that was lost or stolen out of the unit. Buy a card and put back the overall.nds file from the year or one before. For good measure you can go back to V1 Seat map release rather than playing lucky dip with the download releases if you don't know which release was paired with the car, link below and use the most recent map update over writing the overall.nds file with the V1 one.

V1 link (Credit Markobc with that one):

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/0430_MP143-1248.0EUR.zip

or Skoda's download manager version (more resilient to network timing out issues)

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto....der.exe?ver=636797902467464786&extension=.exe

Godzzi tested for me that going back beyond the paired overall.nds file worked. So if in doubt jump back releases if you don't know what the release was. Then do the workaround using the overall.nds file. (I did test that with a unit with the overall.nds of 1030 and works fine with 0430)

Variation of the workaround but going back to the Seat base year for mib2 if no more information on what was in the car. Full credit goes to Exciter for the workaround. Basically now identified that these overall.nds files contains effectively a release date stamp as well as a general database index. For other VAG cars you might want to go back to 0235 (2014/15) which is the very first release ahead of it coming to Seat.

The card needs to be a Standard Mib2 card, can be Seat, Skoda or VW. Might wish to consider the recent 32GB card planning ahead.
<<

Get that working... then do the latest update with the workaround.

If no SD slots it's Mib3. None of this applies.

Last edited:

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
If you see the mib2 unit in the glove box and it has SD slots in it (two), you have to get down low, below the CD slot, then you are missing the Seat map card. You ask your dealer for one. They normally have loads in their draw. If it's never been paired with a map card before then it will take it and you will see a map. If it says something like navigation not enabled that means it's already been paired with another release.

At this stage, don't get too excited since I doubt Seat can give you the latest release. Take the card and proceeds as lost SD card in the Overview:

>>
Lost, Stolen and Missing Cards from a Mib2 Standard Unit

Godzzi and myself covered on the thread the process of getting back a card that was lost or stolen out of the unit. Buy a card and put back the overall.nds file from the year or one before. For good measure you can go back to V1 Seat map release rather than playing lucky dip with the download releases if you don't know which release was paired with the car, link below and use the most recent map update over writing the overall.nds file with the V1 one.

V1 link (Credit Markobc with that one):

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/0430_MP143-1248.0EUR.zip

or Skoda's download manager version (more resilient to network timing out issues)

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto....der.exe?ver=636797902467464786&extension=.exe

Godzzi tested for me that going back beyond the paired overall.nds file worked. So if in doubt jump back releases if you don't know what the release was. Then do the workaround using the overall.nds file. (I did test that with a unit with the overall.nds of 1030 and works fine with 0430)

Variation of the workaround but going back to the Seat base year for mib2 if no more information on what was in the car. Full credit goes to Exciter for the workaround. Basically now identified that these overall.nds files contains effectively a release date stamp as well as a general database index. For other VAG cars you might want to go back to 0235 (2014/15) which is the very first release ahead of it coming to Seat.

The card needs to be a Standard Mib2 card, can be Seat, Skoda or VW. Might wish to consider the recent 32GB card planning ahead.
<<

Get that working... then do the latest update with the workaround.

If no SD slots it's Mib3. None of this applies.

Sorry bud, I don't follow you. I looked in there and there is no slot for SD cards, I know what you talking about but it doesn't say SD slot or anything. It's blanked off and the satnav/maps do work in the car..

Tell

Staff member
Sorry bud, I don't follow you. I looked in there and there is no slot for SD cards, I know what you talking about but it doesn't say SD slot or anything. It's blanked off and the satnav/maps do work in the car..
Feels like a mib3... apps for you then, unless there was some option without navigation on Mib2 which is what you have got. May be. Build codes then :unsure:. I think the dealer will tell you.

Checking the Seat website on Arona's they don't have the new model on the configurator, old image show. Bereft at mentioning navigation on the configurator. Suspect your model falls into Seat UKs love / hate relationship of built in navigation. Part associated with cost cutting and keeping it simple. There is a base mib2 unit without built in navigation, no navigation button means it doesn't have built in navigation, use your phone.

Wireless Android isnt supported on mib2 and it wasn't initially on mib3. Not all Android phones have Wireless Android and some have to be turned on in the developers menu of the phone (read about that on the Leon 4 side). So the data link is achieved via USB cable if the unit has it. Wireless charging is something different. Mirror link is last year's technology.

So I reckon it's Android Auto / Car Play for navigation and the USB cable for you.

Seat PDF manuals are here:

Worth downloading them for future use.

Last edited:

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Feels like a mib3... apps for you then, unless there was some option without navigation on Mib2 which is what you have got. May be. Build codes then :unsure:. I think the dealer will tell you.

Checking the Seat website on Arona's they don't have the new model on the configurator, old image show. Bereft at mentioning navigation on the configurator. Suspect your model falls into Seat UKs love / hate relationship of built in navigation. Part associated with cost cutting and keeping it simple. There is a base mib2 unit without built in navigation, no navigation button means it doesn't have built in navigation, use your phone.

Wireless Android isnt supported on mib2 and it wasn't initially on mib3. Not all Android phones have Wireless Android and some have to be turned on in the developers menu of the phone (read about that on the Leon 4 side). So the data link is achieved via USB cable if the unit has it. Wireless charging is something different. Mirror link is last year's technology.

So I reckon it's Android Auto / Car Play for navigation and the USB cable for you.

Seat PDF manuals are here:

Worth downloading them for future use.
I've taken a picture of both for if it helps :D

Attachments

• 2021-06-14 17.55.00.jpg
    2021-06-14 17.55.00.jpg
    589.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 2021-06-14 17.55.58.jpg
    2021-06-14 17.55.58.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 170

Tell

Staff member
I'd say that's at Mib3. They must put the box in the old place, whilst the Leon 4 have a blanking plate across there. You got the mib3 Icon and assume you were not running Android Auto. You probably do want to look at the Seat apps then since they do the clever stuff remotely. Eyeball the Leon 4 forum.

What thru me is there is no mention of that on the Seat site or indeed the map updates. You got a car that doesn't exist 😍. Perhaps they fitted those in as an interim to the facelift which yours isn't from the pictures.

The map updates are over the air BTW.. .. or should be. eSim in there. You should have been told about connect services since you got them for a year free.

Last edited:

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
I'd say that's at Mib3. They must put the box in the old place, whilst the Leon 4 have a blanking plate across there. You got the mib3 Icon and assume you were not running Android Auto. You probably do want to look at the Seat apps then since they do the clever stuff remotely. Eyeball the Leon 4 forum.

What thru me is there is no mention of that on the Seat site or indeed the map updates. You got a car that doesn't exist 😍. Perhaps they fitted those in as an interim to the facelift which yours isn't from the pictures.

The map updates are over the air BTW.. .. or should be. eSim in there. You should have been told about connect services since you got them for a year free.

Ah, awesome.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Mib3 during the transition to the facelift.

I guess no Obd11 for me :D

Tell

Staff member
Ah, awesome.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's Mib3 during the transition to the facelift.

I guess no Obd11 for me :D
Although on Obdeleven they claim a solution latter in the year but putting it on an annual subscription (probably to pay Vag), well the Pro for any newcomers. Today's breaking news if you opened the app. Caused a stir.

I guess you got USB-C inline with mib3. I can't think they would have maintained USB-A.

Last edited:

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Although on Obdeleven they claim a solution latter in the year but putting it on an annual subscription (probably to pay Vag), well the Pro for any newcomers. Today's breaking news if you opened the app. Caused a stir.

I guess you got USB-C inline with mib3. I can't think they would have maintained USB-A.
Yep, 2x USB-C.

Any suggestions for SEAT apps to try out? :D

Tell

Staff member
Yep, 2x USB-C.

Any suggestions for SEAT apps to try out? :D
I believe it's this one

Called Seat Connect App on the Playstore and other places.

Again the Leon 4 people are the ones playing with the app in greater numbers. Also threads on updates and whether it really was Wireless Android. If the firmware finishes in a particular character it may. You might be lucky. Seems they changed their production and they all came out with it on, earlier ones didn't.

This one... I did do a bit of research for them ;)

A lot of what's being talked about over there is probably of use. On Obdeleven, well no the aircon method of stop start you would think would work on an Arona... possibly. Basically you frig the control unit so stop start won't activate since you change the parameters it's sensing. That wasn't protected by SFD. Question of whether the mod carries across from the Leon 4 to an Arona 2020. Let you research that.

• Love
Reactions: Sly870
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members