Tips for fitting oversized TIP

Jan 2, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Hello all

I’ve recently purchased an oversized Creations Motorsport TIP, and upon fitment have noticed that it gets in the way of the gear selector housing on top of the gearbox. I have a BJX engine with a K03S turbo. I was unable to find any advice on how to sort this problem, and have trimmed the hose as much as I can. Any advice/instructions from people who have done this would be appreciated!

Thanks

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Is there enough hose to cut off 1cm from the side that bolts into the turbo? If so that will give you 1cm more room to clear the shifter bracket

Last edited:
Reactions: FR_BOOST
Jan 2, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Is there enough hide to cut off 1cm from the side that bolts into the turbo? If so that will give you 1cm more room to clear the shifter bracket
Cheers for the reply mate! It’s literally at the point where the width of the jubilee clip is what’s left, before it starts to get bigger and turn upwards. I can get a picture tomorrow if that helps, it’s literally just the edge of the bracket that’s stopping it

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
Can you unbolt them bracket and dremel the corner off or cut it off with a saw just to clearance it? Will have to do it in away that won’t leave a sharp edge tho. But yea upload a clear photo what you mean and I’m sure you’ll be able to get help mate.

Jan 2, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Can you unbolt them bracket and dremel the corner off or cut it off with a saw just to clearance it? Will have to do it in away that won’t leave a sharp edge tho. But yea upload a clear photo what you mean and I’m sure you’ll be able to get help mate.
I’ve tried abit but I’ll have to give it another crack, I need to be careful because obviously it’s right by where the cable comes into the bracket. I’ll upload a picture tomorrow mate, cheers for the reply

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
It’s strange it’s not fitting on afew people I know have struggled to fit the super size tips on there 1.8t but have always found a way. It’s definitely worth emailing creation motorsport too for advise on fitting coz they might have a useful heads up for you too mate.

Jan 2, 2020
Cumbria, UK
It’s strange it’s not fitting on afew people I know have struggled to fit the super size tips on there 1.8t but have always found a way. It’s definitely worth emailing creation motorsport too for advise on fitting coz they might have a useful heads up for you too mate.
Yeah definitely mate, I know it’s possible like just been a b*stard haha. I’ve just had the turbo out and been doing bits and bats so I probs didn’t have the patience after being frozen 😂. I’ve shot them a message, and I’ll post a pic up tomorrow, cheers mate 👍🏻

Jan 2, 2020
Cumbria, UK
I hate working on the car at home outside this time of year. So hard to get motivated. Lol 😂
Hi mate, so I’ve taken as much as I can off the TIP before it starts to get larger and can’t fit a jubilee on it, I’ve also taken off a lot of the plastic on the housing to try and give me more clearance, but I can either get the TIP in but knock the gear selector, or vice versa

Attachments

• FEE5D306-FCC6-44FE-AC75-971393518919.jpeg
    FEE5D306-FCC6-44FE-AC75-971393518919.jpeg
    774.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 8BDDB218-4395-4212-BCDC-4E9B526ED749.jpeg
    8BDDB218-4395-4212-BCDC-4E9B526ED749.jpeg
    765.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 08E2AA76-5857-49B6-803F-94265A6DBCC2.jpeg
    08E2AA76-5857-49B6-803F-94265A6DBCC2.jpeg
    725.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 7478C0EB-B7D1-43A5-A58B-35F5904462B9.jpeg
    7478C0EB-B7D1-43A5-A58B-35F5904462B9.jpeg
    784.8 KB · Views: 273

300bhpdaily

May 26, 2020
That’s strange how it’s doing that not seen that before normally the coolant line needs a tweak as it can get in the way you’ve not got it connected yet but that might also cause a issue. I’d talk to creation mate see if they’ve had this before. I’ll take a quick look online see if there is another cable bracket shaped differently but with the same bolt pattern.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020
Cumbria, UK
That’s strange how it’s doing that not seen that before normally the coolant line needs a tweak as it can get in the way you’ve not got it connect yet but that might also cause a issue. I’d talk to creation mate see if they’ve had this before. I’ll take a quick look online see if there is another cable bracket shaped differently but with the same bolt pattern.
Yeah I cut it and got a new rubber hose to go on (the old one was buggered anyway). I’ve got in touch with them but to be honest they’ve not been any help at all, they showed me a picture of a MK3 Ibiza with a regular sized hose on which didn’t solve anything, and then asked if the Ibiza is the same layout as the BJX Polo. Still waiting on a helpful response hahaha. The only thing is catches on now is this bloody gearbox housing/shifter cable, but I don’t really want to adjust the shifter cable when I know it all works. Cheers mate been a pain haha

Jul 14, 2022
Yeah I cut it and got a new rubber hose to go on (the old one was buggered anyway). I’ve got in touch with them but to be honest they’ve not been any help at all, they showed me a picture of a MK3 Ibiza with a regular sized hose on which didn’t solve anything, and then asked if the Ibiza is the same layout as the BJX Polo. Still waiting on a helpful response hahaha. The only thing is catches on now is this bloody gearbox housing/shifter cable, but I don’t really want to adjust the shifter cable when I know it all works. Cheers mate been a pain haha
Hi mate did u ever sort this and how did u sort it I am having the same issue

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.