Tips for subframe alignment?

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
Subframes coming off for new bushes and my most recent alignment showed my camber was uneven.

Im yet to find anywhere in the area that will actually adjust my subframe so

Does anyone have any tips for getting it on best aligned? How much movement is there in the subframe?

maybe some kind of old school method aligning it with string or something (looking at you ex-mechanics) :LOL:

TIA

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
I didn't know there was adjustment on the subframe. Happy to be proved wrong.
It'll need the alignment checking again when you're done.

Reactions: Connor H

Connor H

Dec 19, 2019
Essex
I didn't know there was adjustment on the subframe. Happy to be proved wrong.
It'll need the alignment checking again when you're done.
Yeah, its more for alignment than adjustment. The LCR has slotted wishbones for extra adjustment. but the top place around here said they couldnt adjust the subframe. Was kinda the reason i went there but oh well.

smutts

Apr 12, 2020
The hardest part of DIY aligning a car is finding a perfectly flat piece of floor.
I used to use an old abandoned weighbridge at the local industrial estate.
It was a massive piece of cast iron, dead level in all directions.
Park on it. Then using a spirit level, check the difference between top & bottom rim of front wheels.
They should lean in about 3mm if correct. (or was that the MK2 Golf? Tsk, Alzheimers.)
If not, you should know where to shift things, using much wedging, levering and swearing.
The subframe can be moved a teeny bit, as can the ball joints with the three bolts, but if the car is actually bent, then no chance.
Grotty job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Connor H
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise