Tips On Modifying My Ibiza s 1.4

ash_ibiza

Hi, Ive had my ibiza s 1.4 for about a year naw and have always loved the way it looks. but always wanted it to look like a cupra! just wanted tips on how to do it the easiest way? cant yet get a cupra as im only 19 and wouldnt afford the insurance :(
Would be very grateful if any1 could help me:D
Thanx Ash

Razor

Inked Up Nation
Oct 12, 2008
Outside Belfast
www.bebo.com
First welcome along !!
Prepare to empty thy wallet lol
:)

Depends what sort of budget you are on really !!
Im a student and I was spending around £40 ish a week lol but Ive cut down now as Im sellin up all being well.

Cupra lookalike ?
Basically you need wheels, skirts, bumpers, honey comb grill and some CC going on !!

Apart from that theres smaller details just.
Interrior ?

Before anyone says it - USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION
Also check out people's ride threads !

E N J O Y

s1l3nc3r

ASBO car.
Jun 30, 2008
essex
As above just get the cupra bumpers, skirts, alloys etc...

theres some being broken on e-bay at the moment may-be worth a look...

ash_ibiza

As im new to all this sort of thing, whats a CC Haha? its quite tuff with the money aswell as i have a gf and as ur probz know, they are expensive aswell! because its the S Model, its quite sporty in ways anyways.. but as u said it needs wheels, skirts, lowered all that type if thing.. one question, do i need to take the front bumper off 2 change the grille to a honeycomb 1? thanks for your replies, ash

ash_ibiza

hi, when i start my car when the engines cold, it sounds like a diesel.. and even more so when i put my foot on accelerator which really gets on my nerves! [:@] was just wondering if any1 could help me as this noice isnt the nicest of sounds.. thanks alot, ash:D

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
CC = colour code, which you'll need to do to the bottom of the bumpers and the mirrors.

Unfortunetly to change the grille you will have to remove the bumper, as its plastic welded to the bumper, however you can melt the tabs that hold it on with a soldering iron and it's pretty easy to change.

Another thing that is cheap and can make your car look a lot better is black vinyl trim for the b pillars. Its about £12 IIRC from a dealers. That was my first mod, and the start of a slippery slope!

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
With regards to the engine sounding like a diesel, thats just the way it is. Though an oil change may help if its particularly bad. Search the forum for car sounds like a diesel, and you'll find out loads of info about it.

ash_ibiza

Cheers mate, really like the way yours has turned out! followed you progress on one of the forums on here and really impressed! did you just spray the wing mirrors red or did you buy new ones? and did u spray the bit under the back bumper? sorry bout all the questions but really havent a clue where to find parts lol.. how much did the front bumper cost? thanx alot, ash

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Thanks!

My dad did all the colour coding for me, he's by no means a professional spray painter (tractor mechanic by trade lol) but he did a good job and best of all it was free apart from the paint.

He just sprayed the mirrors red and same with the bottom of the back bumper.

For the front bumper, it took off the bottom bit, as its a separate part, cut out the sections sprayed it red, and screwed mesh on to it. So that was basically free as well.

ash_ibiza

Well hes done a good job haha! have you got a cupra bumper on the front? if so how much did it cost you roughly? i shall have to give that a go then lol! really want the cupra headlights aswell but not sure if they'll fit :-S My Ibiza is metallic blue and have had trouble finding the right paint colour..

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Nope thats just the standard bumper colour coded and bits cut out of it. Though it does look a bit like a Cupra bumper.

As far as I know Cupra lights are a straight swap but good luck finding them, as they're hard to come by.

Paint matches can be a right pain in the back side, my front bumper is a far better match than the colour coding on the rear one which is a tad too orange.

When I first bought paint, I went to a local place and asked for LP3G which is the colour code for my Ibiza, and they made up the paint. Once I realised it wasn't a great match I went to a different place and asked for LP3G and they told me there was 3 types, and they were able to get a pretty much prefect match for my car.

It just shows you how hit and miss paint can be!

ash_ibiza

Bloody hell, looks exactly like a cupra bumper.. shows how things can be transformed by a little work! What sort of places do the paint mixes then, cause ive been to halfords and they said its abit of a pain like you said but cant think where else to go really?? As for the cupra headlights, theres a few cupra being broken up on ebay so might try to get a bargin naw lol

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Not really sure where to get paint from. The place I used was pretty local and I found them in the yellow pages, I assume your not from Northern Ireland so there's not point mentioning it lol.

Probably best to put a thread in the General Off Topic section of the forum and ask if anyone has any reccomendations of places to buy paint that are local to you.

ash_ibiza

lol no not from northern ireland haha! yea ill have to do something like that then.. thank you very much for your help, have to keep in touch to let u knw how things are going lol.. and keep getting tips from you haha

Mat

there was a thread just last week about modding 1.4s! I posted a ling to the "Non Cupra" thread we had with LOADS of info in there!

use the search function mate

ash_ibiza

Cheers matt, had a look.. quite alot of information on them! what car have you got? u got a 1.4 aswell have you?

Mat

I had a 1.4 for 4 years. then got a cupra back in sept (the exact date i signed for the 1.4 LMAO)

ash_ibiza

did you do anything with ur 1.4(mod) im just wanting to do little things at a time to make it look simular 2 a cupra if u get me...

Mat

exhaust, lowered, lcr splitter, colour coded front bumper, tints, alloys, fresh paint on calipers, de-badged and badgeless front gril

that's what i can think of now.

don't do induction kit, it'll suffer terrible heat soak!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.