toledo tcs/esp light flickering and battery drain

patw

i've got a toledo (02 plate). a few months back the original (i presume) battery died in the cold. i changed it and ever since i noticed the tcs/esp light flickering slightly even when the key was out of the ignition. its now drained a brand new battery flat twice! taken it to my local garage, where it is now, they're just as puzzled as me. alternator working fine (battery is definitely being charged), no interior lights left on, no exterior lights left on. always had problems with central locking. guys at the garage changed one of the door motors (driver's) but that didnt solve the problem. any thoughts?

cheers

cookie1978

Jun 17, 2009
huddersfield
Have u tried disconnecting the battery to see if it resets itself. I ususally leave it off over night then reconnect in the morning n most things usually fix themselves. Sounds odd but most electrical things are. Worth a try in my opinion.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
Fold the seat forward and check the boot light, if you haven't already. Otherwise, put an ammeter in the battery lead then pull fuses out one at a time until the current flow drops.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.