TOP GEAR like the new leon shocker!

andycupra

status subject to change
hello all,

i was just running through the latest TOP GEAR magazine and i stumbled on an article about the new Leon FR, oh no hear we go... but no, i was pleased to read a complimentary write up, in fact they loved it.

a few quotes:

"finally the VW Groups's Spanish outfit has a car worth crowing about."
"it's diesel, it's sporty... it's a Seat we actually want!" :)

The write up starts: "Quick! Drop this magazine and go buy a Leon FR diesel now!"

Seems they rather like the FR, and go to say such things as:

"its stonkingly good"
"the best seat in years, quite possibly ever".
"the best diesel hot hatch around" :)

The only grip they appear to have is the dash doesn't have enough buttons which fails to show just how well equiped it is.

They also point out that for once seat get first dibs on the engine which is great (181bhp / 50mpg anyone?) with VW and Audi getting it in a little while.

So anyone ordered one!? seems you are in for a treat :cheers:

(page 78)

Last edited:

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
I saw the guy Top Gear sent to the test drive on Twitter post that he thought it was a great car, glad it made it to the magazine

cupraslayer

I want more bhp
Feb 8, 2008
northampton
Shame about that other thread that's on here where some fat old retard slated the mk3. Can't remember the thread name .
Glad to hear the good reviews though. All makes of cars have their problems as I'm sure the mk3 will do too. All round , seat has made good little cars.

m4rtin

Dec 6, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
I wish they would stop letting every single member of the press drive a car that we can't order in the UK for ages lol! (The 182PS 2.0 TDi FR)

It's good to know it's a great car but I'm not sure I can wait until sometime between October and December.

Get building Seat ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.