torque???

gus

Jun 27, 2006
hi peeps i am going to get my tdi 130bhp remapped, but i would like to know how does if anyone knows do these companies LIMIT the torque to under 300 so the clutch wont mess up, does anyone know???

as alot of them say they will limit it but do they and how??

many thanks

gus

Jun 27, 2006
as alot of companies say that they will limit the torque as it would make the clutch slip,just wondered how they would limit it????

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i got my FR remapped by P Torque 181bhp, 283lbft never had clutch slip or any clutch problems

T. Spark

Exactly mate. There are some people on here running 300+bhp on standard cluches.

Not a diesel they arent! :D I have near on 400lb.ft and no way would the standard clutch like that. At all. Ever. 300bhp petrol's run the same sort of torque as a simple remapped PD130 ;)

Agreed with the above about driving style, I had my car remapped at 7,000 miles, never had a touch of clutch slip, on a standard clutch, a mate of mine had his standard for all the same time, then got his mapped and as soon as the map was on, it slipped. Wasnt the map, was his driving style for the past 20 odd k that did it....

caveo

I think T Sparks clutch isnt under threat at the moment though lol!
And who says 300 bhp petrols run similar tourque ( see below )

T. Spark

I think T Sparks clutch isnt under threat at the moment though lol!
And who says 300 bhp petrols run similar tourque ( see below )

Me, your bhp and torque is like a roller coaster on every different roller, on any different day mate, my car ran 220bhp+ and 370lb.ft+ on every run since its been mapped, yours is all over the place, bit like you with chuppa's yo

gus

Jun 27, 2006
thanks for the mixed relpies look slike i mite just have the full fat torque settings on mycar and see what prevails.

T. Spark

Best way to do it is, if you have the money to one side, go for a big ass clutch eating map, and if your clutch starts going replace it, if it doesnt. Winner (but keep the money ready as it will!)

caveo

mapped by the JBS coaster..............

poster10439430.jpg

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Am getting mine mapped after Xmas. But my mate got his PD130 mapped and the clutch started slipping if he put his foot down from 1500rpm. So he had to get that changed and then he got DMF chatter, Its been like that for awhile and the car shakes if he plants his foot down from 1300rpm.

My car has had a new clutch fitted 2k ago, Before i got the car. So am hopping it doesnt bugger it up.

Saying that. Me and my mate tested the cars on a roll on in 3rd gear and they his mapped PD130 didnt leave me behind at all. Maybe 1 car lenght when really getting up the speed (private land)

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Ye. Its fine after 2k. People have told him to change down even on the motorway if its below 2k. He knows others with A3's and VRS's that have the same probs with better clutchs and DMF's.

As long as it doesnt slip am good. Cant wait now!.

Luke

caveo

A clutch is always something your going to worry about when you up the power , i my car was on 124000 miles and 10000 of that was on big turbo and NEVER slipped once but i decided to change it for an uprated one for piece of mind...... big mistake , 1100 quid for a stage 2 SPEC clutch which lasted 300 miles so my advice is if it aint broken dont fix it .

Fordy_FR

Oct 19, 2006
Gateshead
Why would he be putting his foot down at those revs anyway? car doesn't even start pulling properly till after 2. I know it's a diesel but he still needs to change gears :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise