Touring Car Times interview SEAT Motorsport-boss Jaime Puig

tris

The Daddy
Feb 25, 2005
Kent & Track Days
www.leoncupra.net
"We are very pleased with the WTCC and our campaign. Currently though we are in a difficult situation, we do not know what will come in the next two or three years. It is very difficult to make plans for the near future. We joined the championship a couple of years ago and we will do one more year. We really want to continue but that also depends on the global situation in the near future. It is very difficult to say anything about the future for everyone."

I did wonder weather they would have been racing this year so this could be the last season to watch SEAT racing:cry:

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
I think he's just saying what we all already knew about the global car industry and the economic climate in general

SEAT vastly cutting back on production, similar for all other car makers, US car industry up 5hit creek, relying on US government hand outs

Honda pulling out of F1, Subaru and Suzuki pulling out of WRC, most other marques scaling down their motorsport (SEAT pulling out of BTCC for example)

Still, I don't think this will be the last year we see them race, just not as a factory team. If they pull the plug on the WTCC too, their will be an awful lot of Leon Chassis' out their in need of a new home.

Leonidas

"What SEAT get for the amount of money we spend in WTCC is very good"
When ya look at it they probably wouldnt have sold as many cars as they did only for the wtcc so it would probably be in there best interest to stay in it..........

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members