Toyo Proxes

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I'm getting a quote from a tyre place that is next door to a friend. He gets good discounts and I've asked for prices for the GSD3 and Asymetric

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
OK, I've had GSD3's fitted today for £412 all around, balanced, new valves etc.

Early feedback is that they're a massive improvement over what I had previously, though of course they still need to be scrubbed in. I did have them spinning a little as the roads are wet and slippery around here but I noticed that the ESP handled it much better than it did with the cheapo unmatched pair on the front.

So far I'm very happy and glad I picked these tyres. I guess only time will tell whether I made the right decision long term.

Thanks for all the input guys

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
OK, I've had GSD3's fitted today for £412 all around, balanced, new valves etc.

Early feedback is that they're a massive improvement over what I had previously, though of course they still need to be scrubbed in. I did have them spinning a little as the roads are wet and slippery around here but I noticed that the ESP handled it much better than it did with the cheapo unmatched pair on the front.

So far I'm very happy and glad I picked these tyres. I guess only time will tell whether I made the right decision long term.

Thanks for all the input guys

Well done... great choice! ;) i will be interested to hear your thoughts on them once they've worn in!

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Ive just bought a LCR, mine also has odd tyres on the front and I'm wanting to get them replaced for a matching pair of half decent tyres as it just doesnt seem to feel as planted as I think it could at the moment! agree with you that the ESP seems to act strange with them, think this thread will come in handy when I get a chance to get them replaced!

Ben

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Well I've still not done any more miles on the GSD3s, but I don't have any doubts that they're better than what was on before. Coming from bikes I've always believed in having matched tyres all around; they're designed to work together. At the very least you should get matching fronts and rears IMHO

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
definately, its not my doing thats ended up it having mismatched tyres! thats how I bought it! got a 200 mile drive coming up this week so going to wait till after that and then get them swapped as although they are mismatched they are pretty much new tyres - may as well get at least a little bit of use out of them before I fork out to get em changed!

cuprak04

Stage 3 Mk3 Cupra 280
Sep 11, 2007
glasgow
I have 2 dunlops on front and 2 pzeros rear, the dunlops are odd as one is an asym although the models the same.

Still get a bit of slide at times though.

OFI

Sep 5, 2007
Salisbury
I like my T1-Rs :)

Get R888s if you think it will NEVER rain at any time you want to drive the car :-D

F1s have a very good reputation too :)

Can anyone explain the benefits of Asymetric tyres? all I can see is it won't matter which way round you fit them and you'll be able to disperse water better if you're reversing quickly..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.