Track day gift... what's the score

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Evening ladies and germs.

I have a Formentor VZ2 310. My knowing wife has bought me a track day experience where I take it round a circuit (yet to be decided). I've done several fun days previously, but not where you drive your own motor.
Do you have any tips etc to ensure I...
1: Don't make a twat of myself
2: Don't ruin the car.
3: Make sure the missus enjoys the day too.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Cheers all!

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I can't help with the experience, but one thing you need to check is your insurance. You might have to get separate cover for the day as policies often have clauses in them excluding the vehicle for use at such events.

Reactions: Bear and SRGTD

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I can't help with the experience, but one thing you need to check is your insurance. You might have to get separate cover for the day as policies often have clauses in them excluding the vehicle for use at such events.
Great minds think alike. @Bear also posted the same question on the Cupra ‘general discussions’ forum board and I responded in a similar manner to you at the link below before I saw your post;

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
Check all the obvious, water, oil, tyre pressures, don’t feel the need to go faster than comfortable with although if instructor beside you he’ll keep you right, enjoy.

Reactions: Bear

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
You usually get some sighting laps to know the basic lines to take, plus a session with an instructor is a useful thing to do as you get a better idea of braking, turn in points plus when to sacrifice one corner for another to gain time. Note you’re usually not allowed to race (overtake ‘by request / agreement’ on the straights) nor time your laps.

dashnine

Oct 31, 2012
Warwick, UK
Just another thought, unless your wife comes out with you (if she even wants to come out with you....) or drives herself there's a lot of waiting around between sessions (e.g. 3 sessions per hour = 40 minutes between your 20 min session), or if it's an 'open pit lane' you can come and go as you please so obviously you're out as much as you wish.

There's usually not much to do at a circuit if you're not driving!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.