Trackday at Gatebil Event in Norway

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Nice vid i knew that bmw was ging to go off :lol:
I guess you saw this monaro powered astra?It was sold to Norway not long back.

P5317910.jpg

_CAM4064copy.jpg

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Very good video the Oistein
It's a credit to your cars handling and your driving that you kept up with that Caterham/Westfield.
Lots of RWD idiots making a mess of it, loads of over cooking it on the exits.
How did you get on against the Sierra Cosworth?

turbin

Very good video the Oistein
It's a credit to your cars handling and your driving that you kept up with that Caterham/Westfield.
Lots of RWD idiots making a mess of it, loads of over cooking it on the exits.
How did you get on against the Sierra Cosworth?

It was alot of fun for sure! There's another 3 Gatebil events this year and I will try to attend at least one more. I passed the Cosworth on the last straight. Just after I passed the beemer with the rice spoiler for the 2nd time. Can barely see it right at the end when my buddy shuts the cam off.

turbin

Nice vid i knew that bmw was ging to go off :lol:
I guess you saw this monaro powered astra?It was sold to Norway not long back.

P5317910.jpg

_CAM4064copy.jpg

yes I did see this car, but we didn't drive at the same time. There where a couple insane cars there in the extreme series! You'll find them on youtube.

turbin

Did you struggle to get grip in slakter'n? That corner ate my tyres last year. :D

hehe, yea... I found it pretty difficult to get grip accelerating out of that turn. Tried to wiggle the steering a little to prevent the inside wheel just laying down rubber. I need a mechanical differential lock. 4WD wouldn't hurt eater :p

Did you drive this year?

turbin

I'm against the whole Gatebil thing. I find it too silly and too crowded by kids. I like the pure track days events hostet by Alexander Mørk.

you have a link for some more info about that? :D