• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

bencupramk3

Guest
I no what ur thinking .... Traction control is gay ! But newaz ;) basically I'm 20 an jus bought my cupra . Before I had a decked 106 quicksilver so as u can imagine one he'll of a step up ! Newaz I'm noticing that when I throw the cupra into a corner that the traction control is kicking in as soon as I get tyre squeal an before I can even get a feel for the car ! I assumed it was a " get me out of the **** " luxury I'm jus worried I'll turn it off throw it in an end up with no cupra atall an a loan to pay for the next few years any help of advise would b appretiated thanks
 
My honest opinion is you shouldnt be throwing a car into a bend if you cant control it.

Traction control is not the difference between crashing and not crashing either.

If your not in control, traction control wont save you, it will probably mess you up even more as its trying to alter things itself at the same time as you are.
 
Last edited:
My honest opinion is you shouldnt be throwing a car into a bend if you cant control it.

Traction control is not the difference between crashing and not crashing either.

If your not in control, traction control wont save you, it will probably mess you up even more as its trying to alter things itself at the same time as you are.

+1 , this guy is going to be getting some stick with questions like this :cartman: :banned:
 
if your worried about crashin your new cupra you just got a loan for then my advise to you is leave the t/c on and drive sensible. the t/c in the cupra isnt a very good function tbh but it is there for a reason and it does work to a certian extent but if you want to drive quick round corners its got to be turned off.
at the end of the day its up to you how you drive your car.
 
I no what ur thinking .... Traction control is gay ! But newaz ;) basically I'm 20 an jus bought my cupra . Before I had a decked 106 quicksilver so as u can imagine one he'll of a step up ! Newaz I'm noticing that when I throw the cupra into a corner that the traction control is kicking in as soon as I get tyre squeal an before I can even get a feel for the car ! I assumed it was a " get me out of the **** " luxury I'm jus worried I'll turn it off throw it in an end up with no cupra atall an a loan to pay for the next few years any help of advise would b appretiated thanks

if im honest, the traction control in these cars doesnt back things off too much, its not very invasive. however i would echo what the others are saying, especially as you already know its a big step up from a 106. if you're truely worried about stuffing it, do the typical handling mods (ARB's, wheel spacers, coilovers etc.) and just ease yourself in gently
 
I say turn the traction control off. Its the biggest pile of crap ever put onto a car. You need to be able to get the power and the tc stops anything which in turn can cause more issues. I dont want the car to drop power half way round a corner and unsettle the back end.

We used to wire the tc to be off when the car turned on to save having to press it.

Just dont go mad and take your time with the car. The ibiza's handle shite from standard and take alot of getting used to.
 
Maybe I gave the wrong impression . Iv had the car 7 weeks an hav driven it 40 miles to wrk 6 days a week since I can't get out of it! Iv also had bikes since I was 17 so I got my road sense iv jus got used to the car now an no what I'm gettin performance wise an hav that confidence with the car was just after any hints or tips on this car imparticullar an whether the traction control is any good for day to day use an and whether to turn it off when there's local track days
 
I say turn the traction control off. Its the biggest pile of crap ever put onto a car. You need to be able to get the power and the tc stops anything which in turn can cause more issues. I dont want the car to drop power half way round a corner and unsettle the back end.

We used to wire the tc to be off when the car turned on to save having to press it.

Just dont go mad and take your time with the car. The ibiza's handle shite from standard and take alot of getting used to.

Much appretiated thanks Alex !
 
I allways drive with mine off - it's so trigger happy its unreal, any corner or roundabout, bit of boost on the way out and it just cuts everything!
 
if your worried about crashin your new cupra you just got a loan for then my advise to you is leave the t/c on and drive sensible. the t/c in the cupra isnt a very good function tbh but it is there for a reason and it does work to a certian extent but if you want to drive quick round corners its got to be turned off.
at the end of the day its up to you how you drive your car.

+1 Have to agree with gaz here, it's down to you how you drive you car, traction control works to a degree but it won't stop you crashing, down to how confident you are behind the wheel and how far you wanna push it, know the limits though and have fun :)
 
I allways drive with mine off - it's so trigger happy its unreal, any corner or roundabout, bit of boost on the way out and it just cuts everything!

To right cheers guys that's what I was trying to say thou that while I'm trying to learn the limits of without pushing the car it jus backs off when I try. it's not so I can drive like a **** all the time Ilike my license as it is with no points lol
 
I say turn the traction control off. Its the biggest pile of crap ever put onto a car. You need to be able to get the power and the tc stops anything which in turn can cause more issues. I dont want the car to drop power half way round a corner and unsettle the back end.

We used to wire the tc to be off when the car turned on to save having to press it.

Just dont go mad and take your time with the car. The ibiza's handle shite from standard and take alot of getting used to.

how do you wire it so its always off as i always turn it off when i get in the car as its a waste of time.
 
I use to think the traction control was to harsh kicking in far to early until I fitted decent tyres on and it's loads better now hardly kicks in at all!!!