Triple R FR Custom Rear Diffuser

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
is it the whole rear valance or just the diffuser that bolts straight on?

The whole diffuser, sits over your standard one. So basically remove the number plate and remove the screws underneath the diffuser. Place triple r diffuser over the top and replace screws and put number plate back on

Nov 27, 2011
the Wirral
The whole diffuser, sits over your standard one. So basically remove the number plate and remove the screws underneath the diffuser. Place triple r diffuser over the top and replace screws and put number plate back on

when you get it fitted mate, and your in liverpool any chance i could see it?

CJcupra

Jan 11, 2013
Surrey
Couldn't wait any longer for the diffuser so decided to get the valance sprayed gloss black. I actually prefer it like this tbh. Would be good to see pics when they're are fitted though.

20141004_180943_zpskydksww_edit_1412543803464_zpsakqwk7tt.jpg

CJcupra

Jan 11, 2013
Surrey
Couldn't wait any longer for the diffuser so decided to get the valance sprayed gloss black. I actually prefer it like this tbh. Would be good to see pics when they're are fitted though.

20141004_180943_zpskydksww_edit_1412543803464_zpsakqwk7tt.jpg

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Apparently working on it but it's not as simple as changing it slightly, it'll be a whole new design I imagine.

They said they need a rear bumper so they can start designing.

Last edited:

locky

May 5, 2014
North East

So easy that anyone walking past with a screwdriver could remove it for you too?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd

How is it attached/held on at the top? Get some pics when fitting :thumbup:

m.001

Oct 1, 2012
I assumed that as well. I was sure it would be a replacement for the valance you already have on.
Screwing it on to the current one seems really odd tbh.

Last edited:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
How is it attached/held on at the top? Get some pics when fitting :thumbup:

As I said above, held on by the screws underneath and your screws in your number plate (so you may wish to get bigger ones?).

To make it a replacement would probably require a lot more design work as they'd need all the clips as well to secure the edges. By doing this design it's only a few screws I guess.

m.001

Oct 1, 2012
that makes me a little uneasy. A screw on piece for the whole rear valance doesn't seem to secure.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
that makes me a little uneasy. A screw on piece for the whole rear valance doesn't seem to secure.

Your entire car is held together by screws!

Hubbly's diffuser is like the cupra r one in that you cut down your original diffuser and only the bottom half is new, top half is the original.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
As I said above, held on by the screws underneath and your screws in your number plate (so you may wish to get bigger ones?).

To make it a replacement would probably require a lot more design work as they'd need all the clips as well to secure the edges. By doing this design it's only a few screws I guess.

I read what you wrote, the reason i asked is simply because my numberplate doesnt sit at the top of the original panel, so having a panel simply sat over the top held onf by 2 numberplate screws which are half way down will mean the top section is completely unsecured.