Trouble fitting HU

Oct 12, 2005
I am trying to fit my jvc axv2 to the ibiza and I cant seem to get it in because of all the wires. Theres not enough room at all. Any ideas?

Thanks

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Cut the back of the tray that sits underneath off and then allow the cables to hang down. At least one member did that in the past, but I just stuck the cables anywhere they'd go when I did mine.

tommmineh

1.2 POWER
Feb 28, 2005
Sheffield/Rotherham
^ Ditto! There a bit harder to see down there, though my JVX system has a an an adjustable 'slanting' front so it tilts up towards me.

Take the tray out, so you've got the 2 din slots. Plug in your new headunit and slide it on the bottom shelf, because the tray isn't there you can push the wires out of the way as you slide the h/u in. Then just pop the tray in

-JAMI3-

You can position the wires behind the metal support to the rear of the head unit. My girlfriends Ibiza was a nightmare, with 6 disc, subs etc all running off the head unit, but it is possible (You do get one or two scratches on your hands!!)

hon_n_gem

Candy White K1
Mar 22, 2006
Kent
www.auto-tuner.co.uk
it was near impossible to get my headunit into the bottom din! in the end there was soo much wires in the top din, i cut the cubby hole and made it a bit shorter to house all the wires....kept my cuppy hole too! :D

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
mine is fine with 4 sets of decent Rca's comeing from my top part.. there is little gaps in the plastic u can run the wires through.. but yes your hands get coverd in scratches and even a few cuts here and there!!! but anythink can be done if u want it done!!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.