troubleshoot throotle body issue

yvanleouf

Feb 12, 2016
Hi All,

First of all sorry for my bad english...

I would need some help to troubleshoot what is (I think) a throttle body or MAF issue.

I had to change my rob bearings because they were dead and i had a ticking noise in the engine.

For this I took of the oil pan and the oil pump and done the job with rod bearings.

Of course I turned manually the crankshaft with damper to clean and change, I had also to set the cylindre 1 at Top Dead center position to synchronize the oil pump when putting it back.

After i finished the job the engine started and stayed idle during 45 min without problem.

I gone to drive slowly (1st, 2nd, 3rd gear, 2000rpm ) during 1 mile without problem then i pushed a little more the engine and then... no power engine stoped.

I could restart engine but idle screwed and I didn't had enough power to get the car moving. I unplugged the MAF sensor connector and then idle was ok and I could drive normally under 2000rpm (after the turbo sucks because MAF is unplugged)

QUESTION: is it necessary to perform a throttle body alignment after moving manually the engine with damper?
The idle moves beetween 500rmp and 1500rpm, the engine stops after some minutes

I tried to reset the ECU and perform a TBA with the VW urban mythd methods but it didn't work.

I also replaced the MAF sensor without success.

I ordered yesterday a VAG-COM to perform TBA and read defaults... waiting for it if someone have an idea of what could be the problem, he will be welcome

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members