Tuning 1.0 tsi 115 engine options

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
Has anyone had their engine remapped or fitted a tuning box? I have just ordered a Seat Ibiza Xcelence Lux 1.0 tsi 115 in Desire red, manual and thinking of fitting a tuning box after I’ve done a few thousand miles as I have seen that you can get 145ps and 250NM torque. Has anyone fitted a tuning box to this engine and if so would you recommend it?

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Same car as I have on order then, same colour and everything! I've heard that the old 1.2 TSI that the 1.0 TSI replaced was a bit more tuneable, presumably because it was less stressed stock. Might be worth asking over on the Fabia and Polo forums too, as a lot of people have cars with the 115 1.0 engine on there too.

Reactions: TheSwede

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I've seen remaps advertised for the 1.2 at 144PS and dyno sheets online for the remapped 1.0 at 145PS, so all about the same. I think racechip might be claiming 149/150 PS on the 1.0.

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
I’m thinking about TDI Tuning’s tuning box 145ps & 250nm with the Bluetooth app. Has anyone used this company’s products and if so would you recommend them?

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
Would love to get one of these so interesting if someone has positive feedback on these working on 115ps car

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Motorbikes get 180-200bhp out of a non turbo 1 litre engine, so it isn't too crazy to get less with a turbo
When was the last time you saw a motorbike engine with 100k+ miles on it??

They don't often get to that sort of mileage as the engines are working so hard to produce that sort of power out of the tiny displacement. The higher bhp figure also has to rely on the use of much extended rev range compared to a car engine.

So in theory small engine working hard to produce high power, have short life span.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Feb 14, 2019
When was the last time you saw a motorbike engine with 100k+ miles on it??

They don't often get to that sort of mileage as the engines are working so hard to produce that sort of power out of the tiny displacement. The higher bhp figure also has to rely on the use of much extended rev range compared to a car engine.

So in theory small engine working hard to produce high power, have short life span.

Fair point, i have suffered a few bike engine failures at lesser mileage.

I wonder how much the insurance for the Ibiza would jump if a tune of 115 - 150 ish was declared, and whether it would void the warranty

IanH72

Jan 20, 2019
The 2.0 litre tsi engine in the Golf R has 300 ps as standard and is readily turned to 360-400 ps without any problems and easily capable of 500+ ps still being reliable. If the 1.0 litre engine is made to the same level 140-150 ps should still be reliable.
Personally I would like to hear from someone that is using a tuning box or had the 1.0 tsi engine remapped before I would consider getting it done.
With regard to tuning the engine and warranty if Seat find out you will lose your warranty for the engine, gearbox, drivetrain and associated parts but retain the rest of your warranty. That is why tuning boxes are popular with new cars, as far as I can tell they aren’t detectable as long as they are removed from the car before going into the dealership.

I have a stage 1 remap on my 140000 mile 9 year old VW Touran and it has transformed the car making it so much nicer to drive with a greater spread of power across the rev range. It even made the engine feel smoother. I had the car remapped as the turbo needed replacing due to carbon build up so not worried about the turbos life span as I will get rid off the car in another 4 years or so.

Reactions: vartel

vc-10

Mar 29, 2016
Ford sell a 140PS version of their 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cyl, however I've not heard great things about the long-term longevity of the 1.0 Ecoboosts.

Brimfull

Nov 7, 2018
Wrexham
Ford sell a 140PS version of their 1.0 Ecoboost 3-cyl, however I've not heard great things about the long-term longevity of the 1.0 Ecoboosts.
My dad had one as a company car, was on its third engine by the time it hit 75k miles. Oil starvation from the oil pump failing to cope was the culprit on each engine failure.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016
Fair point, i have suffered a few bike engine failures at lesser mileage.

I wonder how much the insurance for the Ibiza would jump if a tune of 115 - 150 ish was declared, and whether it would void the warranty
Hi,
If anyone ever needs any help with insurance for a chip, re-map or tuning box then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Reactions: vartel