Tunit Box

KernowFR

Mr Diesel Box
Apr 2, 2010
Cornwall
Put one on today with a K&N Panel Filter and what a difference, it now feels faster than my Bora 130. The car is smoother and pulls a lot stronger from 1800rpm and now provides lots of usable power which i missed from the 130 bora.

ok it was not a cheap mod but quality stuff never is, but its given the car a different driving experience, and now my brake discs are clean and shiny ! Its so much more eager from 1800rpm in normal driving and extended the power through 4000rpm where the std car started to tail off.
Tunit box is set 2 clicks up from the preset 5 and produces no smoke under full power.

Chuffed with what amounted to 2hrs work (fussy with the fitment) which saw the box placed beside the battery in the carrier below the air intake pipe.

I can recommend a box on the PD100 Ibiza

FSiLeonMike

Barmy Army Reservist (TA)
Apr 26, 2007
Bury St Edmunds/Stowmarket-ish
I've had a tunit on my 90bhp Leon for 3½years

All good, no issues and 134bhp and 180ft/lb torque (running on setting 9, using V power diesel and millers diesel sport 4, and sucking air through an open cone filter)

Happy days

matt5964

May 31, 2004
peterborough,cambridgeshire
I have one in the garrage for a pd if anyone want to make an offer...only a few months old was going to have it on the cupra but ended up with a custom map instead.have had cars with them in the past and they are very good.

gio

For me £400 is remap and rolling road territory. for tuning boxes , i use rover ron or tuning-diesel [not allowed to put up web addressees yet apparently]

The PD version comes with a complete set of controls to compensate for out of sorts MAF signals and for £160, nothing comes close.
Got one on my Alhambra tdi 130bhp.and one on the galaxy pd and another on our Mondeo 2.2 .
Well worth reading up on "rover ron"

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
For me £400 is remap and rolling road territory. for tuning boxes , i use rover ron or tuning-diesel [not allowed to put up web addressees yet apparently]

The PD version comes with a complete set of controls to compensate for out of sorts MAF signals and for £160, nothing comes close.
Got one on my Alhambra tdi 130bhp.and one on the galaxy pd and another on our Mondeo 2.2 .
Well worth reading up on "rover ron"

Ive read about rover ron on the Jaguar X Type forum he gets good reviews. Does he supply VAG though :shrug:

Car doesn't really go any faster, just gets there a hell of a lot quicker

Thats the problem :lol: i nearly stacked into the back of a small beamer on Sat cause we both went for it to overtake a bus but i pulled a lot quicker then had to stab on the anchors bloody quick. Not one of best pieces of driving :blink:

gio

hi KRUSSEL. yes he does its called the synergy PD [ forgive the spelling] if you do a google search with [rover ron] it should give a link to his website which is something like diesel-tunning. alsa unable to do links on here yet.

Lets be clear a good remap and rolling road set u is better than a tuning box, if one wants to be pedantic,but good tuning boxes are more than OK, and rover rons are alright and bloody good value too.
good luck

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
hi KRUSSEL. yes he does its called the synergy PD [ forgive the spelling] if you do a google search with [rover ron] it should give a link to his website which is something like diesel-tunning. alsa unable to do links on here yet.

Lets be clear a good remap and rolling road set u is better than a tuning box, if one wants to be pedantic,but good tuning boxes are more than OK, and rover rons are alright and bloody good value too.
good luck

Thanks Buddy :D

What sort of increase are you looking on insurance 20%, 30% 40% :cry: ????

gio

Thanks Buddy :D

What sort of increase are you looking on insurance 20%, 30% 40% :cry: ????

Now that does depend, on who you are insured by, so its not an easy question to answer.
Then there are those out there because a tuning box is easily fitted and removed, keep the fact to themselves that they even have one, I'm old enough now to argue the toss with my insurance company,and indeed move half way through a policy if necessary because i have max no claims protected, so my premiums usually goes up by around £50.

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Now that does depend, on who you are insured by, so its not an easy question to answer.
Then there are those out there because a tuning box is easily fitted and removed, keep the fact to themselves that they even have one, I'm old enough now to argue the toss with my insurance company,and indeed move half way through a policy if necessary because i have max no claims protected, so my premiums usually goes up by around £50.

Thats not too bad. Ive got my FR down to just £237 but i doubt they would take any mods on the policy. Interesting stuff :) Once i am out of warrenty this time next year i may give one of rover ron's boxes serious thought.

cheers

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.