turbo hoses

john.waterman

hi all

last week my turbo started to really whistle on inspection one of the hoses had come off the turbo, this got replaced.

today i was putting on a DV and noticed a different one had nearly come off, it wasn't like this when i put the first one on.

do you think i have got a problem with the turbo, possibly with some sort of back pressure?

has anyone else had this problem?

cheers

john

lynchy

Aug 23, 2009
Newcastle
either that or someone has fitted them poorly? check all connections are tight aswell.

any chatter on the turbo?

john.waterman

it sounds fine when it's running, like i said i have just fitted a new DV might this help?

Paul B2010

Jan 17, 2010
What DV have you fitted John. No words of wisdom for you im afraid. I'm thinking of nipping into awesome next week for an upgrade. Just wondering if you have felt any positive changes with new DV. There's nothing wrong with mine at the mo, i'm just thinking of modding.

john.waterman

i've got a baily dv30, i havent given it a good run out yet so unsure of the difference, i have checked all the pipe work and tightened everything up so we'll see.

john.waterman

done a couple of runs now, no real diference noticed with the new dv but then again there wasn't really anything wrong with the one taken off, i'm happy with the ride with the new springs on thought, a little harsher over the bumps but not so much as it causes discomfort, i'll just have to avoid the pot holes.