Turbo/remap help!!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Mate im really not gunna read all that, im merely pointing out his issue could be the tip, not talking you or commenting about all your bigger turbo post im talking to the op whos thread it is thats having issues with his mapped k03.

And also thats your opinion that he expected more, your not the only person with opinions mate, personally he should get more than an extra 8bhp lol £500 for that!??? Really 8hp more something is a miss other than expectations.

Ps ill say nomore your clearly the man with all the answers.

presumes the car is healthy of course
how old a car are they now?
what mileage?

what leaks and other faults present..

quoting fixed xyz power these day on old cars is a lottery..

we have'nt seen it running nor know what issues it May or May Not have..

:shrug:

£500 for revo2 however is ott..... whichever way you look at it
Its £349+vat retails PLUS 20% off currently...

Last edited:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
Thats what i mean though cupra guru its gotta be something up with that. Surely... My old bog standerd yellow one hit 149 in standard form 11 years old. Thats 180 standard with mods and hit an extra 8...i would cry. Has to be something ither than expectations.

As for the it doesnt fit i was talking about ko3 to the origanal post not turbo upgrades, standard

Last edited:

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
Mate im really not gunna read all that, im merely pointing out his issue could be the tip, not talking you or commenting about all your bigger turbo post im talking to the op whos thread it is thats having issues with his mapped k03.

And also thats your opinion that he expected more, your not the only person with opinions mate, personally he should get more than an extra 8bhp lol £500 for that!??? Really 8hp more something is a miss other than expectations.

Ps ill say nomore your clearly the man with all the answers.

Your first statement says it all. Your clueless

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
How was it clueless?

The only answer really I have will offend you so I'm not going to go there so ill try another way. Pretty much nothing you have said adds up,makes much sense, accurate or is any use. You have confused the thread by not understanding it because you can't be bothered to read it.

The only factual thing you have said is what you have quoted above by yourself.

Because he has a RR printout doesn't mean the car is dead on 188bhp all the time or even if its that at all, it maybe more and tbh in the real situation on the road the car would be more powerful. This is irrelevant though as I said yesterday its how it feels on the road and he agreed it does feel better than before. Your saying something isn't right because there was no big bhp gain but again for like the 5th time I'm going to say its Cupra hardware it will only tune within Cupra turbo limits! 8bhp isn't much from a remap but on a Cupra that's like a 30bhp increase and gives you the bang for buck increase from a remap, it's just not worth a remap on a ibiza Cupra R and that's what this guy has learnt.

I can't spell it out more for you than this, but then again your not going to be bothered to read this and will come out with another confusing statement

Last edited:

yellonvi-R

Sep 8, 2011
birmingham
These are all just your opinions you have no proof of what your saying is the issue!! 8bhp on the rollers is the same as 30bhp more on the road eh!!! That doesnt make sense. As for my comment about the standard tip might be a factor then if that confuses someone well thats there issue, or just yours. But what would i know im only rolling round in a bog standard cupra and never modded a car in my life.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
When on earth did I say 8bhp on the rollers is 30bhp on the road?? I can't be arsed with this anymore your like talking to a child, the thread poster and anyone else can read this and make up own mind what right and wrong,its not skin off my nose.

turboboy

Limp Mode Squad ™
Dec 9, 2003
hants
:wtf: your on another planet dude. If you read things more and tried to understand what I was saying you wouldn't be posting that and making a prat out of yourself. Read it again slowly.

I can't believe this has gone this far no matter how many times I have tried to point out the problems in what your saying.

To answer your tip statement for the god knows how many times ko3 tip do not collapse, there is nothing electronic or mechanical about them they do not break unless they have been broken by someone. If something was wrong with the car it wouldn't be making the figures it's making now that are towards the top end of ko3 turbo figures. Eg maff would kill the figure,n75 would kill the figure,boost leak the same and so on.

Anyway I'm out of this,this is something I didn't want to be involved in, just wanted to give this guy my honest advice from my long experience of the ko turbo range and I think I've given him good advice.

Get a refund, buy the turbo you chose and take it to someone that knows what they are doing to map it,I suggested someone I would use already.

Last edited:

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
:wtf: your on another planet dude. If you read things more and tried to understand what I was saying you wouldn't be posting that and making a prat out of yourself. Read it again slowly.

I can't believe this has gone this far no matter how many times I have tried to point out the problems in what your saying.

Well said.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Tapatalk 2

reece27

i cant believe where this thread has ended up... non the less i have read all the comments and would just like to say thanks for the input!
as for the £500 remap... that price is the software, the time taken by the garage to put it on, the fitting of the FPR and also the time taken to diagnose why it wasnt producing the boost they had aimed for.
think reading everything i have am gona try sorce out a k04-001. i didnt until now know that i would need a new tip so thanks for clearing that up. whats a good one to buy and wheres the best place to get one?
so just to make myself sure all i should need is a k04-001 turbo, silicon TIP and turbo gaskets and bolts kit??

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
as for the £500 remap... that price is the software, the time taken by the garage to put it on, the fitting of the FPR and also the time taken to diagnose why it wasnt producing the boost they had aimed for.

Was this map done recently? REVO is on 20% offer currently and has been for a few weeks now

£500 for what you had was a lot
you could have had custom remap for less than that... a lot less

reece27

Was this map done recently? REVO is on 20% offer currently and has been for a few weeks now

£500 for what you had was a lot
you could have had custom remap for less than that... a lot less

yea I got the 20% off offer on my remap.

Aug 29, 2010
suffolk
Mine apparently gained 30bhp on the rollers after map but who knows with the lottery if your happy with it keep it the way it is but I'd get it double checked by a well known mapper

cupra-db

Jun 13, 2010
Did they do a before and after on the rolling Road or just after? Ive seen friends cars make 250 bhp one day and 310bhp 2 weeks after. And the car drove no differently. Which rolling road was right? You keep saying you gained 8bhp but for all you know your car on their rollers may have made 160bhp standard. This isnt to say it ever was. But dynos all read differently. And dont doubt by how much!! you may be looking for a problem whilst runnig a great car lol. Be careful dude it easy to look for problems.

cupra-db

Jun 13, 2010
Dont go buying bits to fix nothing. Calm down and see how things pan out. rolling roads have so much to answer for. Mate i promise you that. I bet a trip to a more happy dyno would see 210 plus. But guess what. It wouldnt drive home any faster!! Dont Chase numbers.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.