turbo's on back order??

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
hello again, peeps out there may remember me postin about boost problems,
well i gave my car to the stealer on monday for the week (working in aberdeen this week:( ) they told me the earliest they could look at it was wednesday, so i told them no problem. by friday 11.00am i still haven't heard from them to say what they have found or wether or not it was ok to pick up, so i rung them. they told me that they have looked at it and the whole turbo needs replacing because it's leaking oil, they said the reason they didn't contact me is because i was picking the car up on friday anyway and the car can't be fixed because the turbos are on back order. i'm was i bit :censored: ed off as this point because until i rung them they hadn't told me anything. when i said is the car safe to drive without is buggering up anything else the said it SHOULD be allright:wtf: what sort of answer is that. anyhow after picking the car up and having a look in the bonnet the loose hose that was what i thought was the original problem hasn't been repaired or put back on properly and a the oil beneath it dosn't look like i been disturbed or cleaned up or anything. I haven't had the best expeiriance with this dealership in the past with my old car. what do you guys think? do you think i have a right to a courtesy car until mine is fixed as surely driving the engine with a dodgy intercooler hose and a pants turbo can't be doin the rest of the engine any good.
like i said before i very :censored: ed off.

ps.. the car is still under warrenty at least;)

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
My oil seals went on my k03s and was without my car for 2 weeks, there were 7 plus mine on back order also. using a car with a dodgey oil seal on the turbo will end up costing someone a new turbo, cat and downpipe, lambda sensors and a right old job of cleaning out the intercooler when the turbo goes and flows oil everywhere.
I had to take my fmic off and collected loads of oil and used a fiver of petrol rinsing it out into a bucket.

gazjones

are they saying the turbo has gone due to there being oil in the ic pipes as the tdi's always seem to have residue in them due the the crankcase breather system

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
do you reckon i should try and get a courtesy car becuase when they get the turbo they will just replace it and be done with it, never mind everything else thats taking in oil, and i need my car as it's the only transport i have, or should i buy a bike:shrug:

gazjones

tell them your having a courtesy car for the lack of courtesy they have given you over telling you what is wrong and has its a warrenty claim you should get one!

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
If they told you they would look at it by wednesday that means that they should have had a courtesy car for at least then. Speak to their service manager and tell them that you know of other instances of the turbo failing, taking a while for parts on back order and also the consequences if it fails while driving (my post above, well over 1500 quid in parts and labour, thank fook for warranty) and that you are entitled to a courtesy car if they are doing this work for you, they may argue that the car is on a best endeavours policy, if this is the case, where is you next nearest dealer, may even be worth taking it to a vw dealer.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
This is how a blown seal looks if you continue to drive it as the dealers didnt have time to look at it promptly enough, as I said though, warranty covered it.
PICT5192.jpg

DSC00578.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
the exact words were.. you need a new turbo because the one i've got is leaking oil, but since i've had it back the car is smoking like hell and sounds much worse than when i dropped it off

cheb

Ibiza FR TDi
Sep 27, 2006
Rotherham
im really surprised you havent had a curtesy car while the turbo is on order, ive always had one whenever the car has gone in for warranty work due to needing one to get to college and work each day.

ive currently got a 12v new polo loan car due to it been in the garage after a mate decided to reverse into the ibiza by accdent causing panel damage.

tell them what you want - your entitled to a car with the hastle they have given you.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
davels seriously dont drive it, the turbo dies inside 500 miles from when the noise comes on noticeably to actual total failure (ie no psi and f1 style smoke) Im not the only one that I know of thats had one fail that quickly. btw is your motor remapped (pm me if you dont want to say)

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
no it's not remapped mate ... yet. but i'll be making sure everythings 100% before anything like that is happening

T. Spark

They were on back order earlier this year when I had a new turbo (July time) so stands to reason seat havnt fixed the problem!

Sorry to hear about your problems, I didnt get a car either, as they didnt have one?! Like that helped me... so time off work and getting insurance on my dads old run about (1.5 Auto Dawoooo) yay.. the power...

Anyway, hope it gets sorted soon m8y, its a hassle and I hated my car for all the little things it has had wrong with it over the years, but at the end of the day, I love the damn car!!

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
well i've been back to SEAT today and they only had two sales staff working and i was told there would be a 45 min wait to be seen, luckely i was only waiting 25. Spoke to a guy about the lack of communication from there service department and he agreed it was a bit poor, but all he done then is fobbed me of with the aftersales managers card saying he can't do anything for me at all cos he is sales personel. so i either have to make another visit or take time out from work to ring them again, god this is so much fun:lol: .......not:cry:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
im having exactly the same sorta problem with my dealership. my car went in 2 thursdays ago for a new water pump & pulley, cambelt & tentioner and parts are on back order they didnt have anymore courtasy (spelling!) cars left to give me and they never keep in touch I LOVE SEAT BUT THE SERVICE AT MY LOCAL DEALERSHIP IS PANTS!:moon: also every engine part ive ordered thro work has gone throu backorder!

they should never have given your car back you cant drive it around by the sounds of it id demand a courtasy car :shrug:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise