Tyre help? Vredestein? Pirelli? Toyo? Goodyear?!

Rawibizafr

Mar 27, 2013
North West
Hello
There are so many highly rated tyres out there. I need two new ones, can't made my mind up out of:
Vredestein sessenta
Toyo TR1
Goodyear Eagle F1
Pirelli P7
Yokohama Parada spec 2
Maxxis MA Z1.
Would be very great full of some advice as I'm desperate for new tyres but just can't make my mind up!

st3ph3n

Feb 18, 2013
North Lanarkshire
Don't like the bridgestone REO50 that came on my car. Had a few sets of them on a previous car - good in the dry, terrible in the damp, very noisy. Have to say that these ones feel the same, so the construction doesn't appear to have changed particularly since I last had them.

Have used Eagle F1 GSD3 and thought they were really good at the time. Low road noise, plenty of grip in all conditions, and reasonable wear levels.

Toyos were a similar experience, but cheaper and maybe didn't last quite as long.

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
MAz1 shite
the p7s i wouldnt recomened, id go p zero nero.
paradas are ood in dry useles in wet.
T1rs have had a change in compound and arnt as grippy
eagle f1s are awesome
vreds are also v good in wet but not as good in dry as f1s

Nov 1, 2008
birmingham
Vreds for me !!! I have them all round and really feel confident in most road and weather conditions !!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Big-Pete

Always on the Limit
Aug 8, 2010
According to a Bridgestone (2012) test, the S drive equals the Neros in the wet on a curved test but provide more dry grip than the Nero...

I had old pzero nero xls on my 200bhp cupra and then had brand new yokohamas and they couldnt grip as well in the dry.

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
I was going to suggest Rainsport 2s too. I have them on my car and love them. In saying that I've not heard a bad thing about Vred Sessentas or F1 Assemetrics.

You mention Maxxis. I know someone who has them on his Mk2 Fabia vRS and now swears by them (for summer tyres). He says they are far better than OEM Dunlops or Contis.