Tyres time YAY

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Afternoon all,

Hope your all having fun in the snow.

Today I checked my front tyres and was shocked there getting low. They were put on when I bought the car at 13,000 in June 2012. Now its January 2013 the cars done just over 20,000 there approaching the wear blocks. The dealer seems of put a cheap pair of Ovation VI-388 on. Checking the invoice it cost them £60 for 2!!! So no surprise my Cupra ate them for dinner.

So im looking at new front tyres. One tyre which caught my eye was the: Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s103...Eff_:_E_Wet_Grip:_C_NoiseClass:_1_Noise:_67dB

Which gets some good reviews and its under £100 a tyre which suits me fine. So what have you got on your Cupra's/Bocs and would you recommend them?

This has all come at a bad time when im trying to buy a house :cry:.

Matt

Last edited:

FRill

Jun 11, 2011
Isle of Wight
I cant falt my cheap ones (to tide me over) Enduro 916, £135 pair fitted, done 12k in 6 months, brought my car same time as you lol :) people say they are squeeky but wasnt after wear in, really not bad for the money.

Phill

insanejim69

Ibiza 1.4TSi FR DSG
Jan 10, 2013
Aberdeen, Scotland
The vredersteins areba really good tyre. Had them on my astra vxr and even when it was stage 2 and 296bhp the tyres had plenty of grip and traction. Only downside is they do wear slightly quicker than other tyres due to their soft compound nature.

Hope this helps.

James

:)

Nutkin

Pop-a-Keg ya?
Aug 24, 2006
Schnaitsee
but you are probably better off with the cheaper falkens, the new ratings show then as having the same level of wet grip and nearly half the road noise.

Aug 3, 2011
Vred's for me thanks to reviews on the internet and opinions on here. Look pretty kool too :)

Had them on for a few months before taking those wheels off for winter. Cant wait to get them back on!

IMG_20120714_134532.jpg

Aug 3, 2011
Think when I got em with my rims they were 85 a corner. Sub £100 anywhere Ive looked though.

Jay

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Ill give the place in Bromsgrove a call at the end of the month but at the moment camskill is the cheapest per tyre.

Jeffries Tyres a couple of months back were £14/tyre cheaper on some 205/45 16" 'S' drives compared to Camskill, plus that was a fitted price from Bromsgrove. .

Tsi_Cupra

Jul 25, 2011
Chorley, Lancashire
Goodyear eagle f1 are ment to be the dogs bollocks!, so ive heard im running uniroyal rainsport 2 atm but went santa pod at the weekend and had no where near enough grip that i needed! Just span setting off! But other than the sett off there pretty decent and good in the wet!, only £83 each!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.