U V Sun shades

Alex_gregory_uk

Magnetic Tech Grey Cupra Formentor V2 Manual
Mar 14, 2015
York
Just a quick post as I have just received my U V Sunshades for my PL FR. Very impressed with the quality and will get round to fitting them tomorrow. I'll do some photos of them during fitting and once fitted :) Has anyone else got them? Any advice for fitting?

Cheers

Alex

Jun 25, 2012
Gateshead
Just a quick post as I have just received my U V Sunshades for my PL FR. Very impressed with the quality and will get round to fitting them tomorrow. I'll do some photos of them during fitting and once fitted :) Has anyone else got them? Any advice for fitting?

Cheers

Alex

Is this the £90 custom kit from eBay?

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
I went for the set from ebay which cost £66.46 delivered. Item number 171676957474. They are more expensive to buy from their actual website!

SkyNet

Jun 27, 2015
Is this an original Seat item? Would these fit the facelift as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
These aren't official Seat ones. The only seat one I could find was for the rear window. This pack does the 4 side / rear windows and also the rear boot window.

They also do the kit for the facelift which is a different kit.

The benefit is the windows can still be used with the blinds in place :)

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
I will post a link shortly when I find it but if you Google UV shades they come up as it is their company name.

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
I've just fitted the shades and very impressed. Photos can explain all!

They come in a nice zip up carry case:
1.jpg

A blind for each rear side window, rear quarter lights and two for rear window:
2.jpg

Also included are some instructions (better getting them in colour from website: Instructions) all required clips and some alcohol type wipe as rear window and quarter light clips are stuck to the frames. Rear side window clips wedge behind the rubber seals.
3.jpg

Before any are fitted. Car already has factory fitted tints.
4.jpg

Rear sides fitted.
5.jpg

Windows can still be used. I wanted this as I use global opening a lot.
6.jpg

Rear window blinds fitted. These are in two halves so there is a line down the centre of rear window. Not been out in it yet so will report back on how they are.
7.jpg

Interior view of rear blind without quarter light ones fitted.
8.jpg

Interior view with quarter light ones fitted. Compared to above glare has gone down lots.
9.jpg

Overall very happy with them as they cover the whole window and can be removed easily and stored in their bag. The clips will remain in place and can barely be seen. I will let you know how I find it after some use.

Reactions: t121anf

t121anf

May 14, 2004
Great post. Tempted now myself, can you get a pic of rear screen from inside the car?.

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
Here are the interior pics

One of the view in the mirror:
10.jpg

One actually looking back from the front:
11.jpg

Rajraj

May 2, 2014
www.facebook.com
Just a question. Did you do this for getting the tinted look?
Im about to get the Windows tinted but this seems to be a nice alternative. :)

Skickat från min D5803 via Tapatalk

Alex_gregory_uk

Mar 14, 2015
York
I mainly went for them due to having a newborn and the factory tints didn't really keep the sun out. They have made the factory tints look very dark and its now very hard to see into the car. They could be a good option instead of tints but not sure how well they'd work without tinted windows.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise