Unable to upgrade 280

Omodhos

May 29, 2015
Sheffield
Went to have stage 1 fitted on Friday at Revo,unable to do it at the moment as all 2015 cars have new security fitted to ecu which hasn't been sorted yet. So just had the Revo filter fitted. Just have to wait now for them to crack it.

JMAC

Feb 18, 2015
TD1 flag was obviously as much use as a **** flavored lollipop if they've had to lock it down altogether.

JamieLittwin

0-60 In Sparrows Cough
Mar 2, 2015
Blimey, I guess when you know what you want you just do it regardless of how long you've had the car. Done your research lets say

I was pretty disappointed with the standard system to be honest, the new system the car sounds like a trapped animal. Constant pops of overrun in 3rd at 30mph, it sounds beautiful with "bangs" on high boost shifts

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
I was pretty disappointed with the standard system to be honest, the new system the car sounds like a trapped animal. Constant pops of overrun in 3rd at 30mph, it sounds beautiful with "bangs" on high boost shifts

Sounds awesome :) Where did you get your custom exhaust done? I'm itching to get mine done as the standard system is horribly quiet but refuse to pay the money Miltek currently want!

james berkeley

Aug 8, 2014
I'm itching to get mine done as the standard system is horribly quiet but refuse to pay the money Miltek currently want!

I'm guessing you're not taking it on track. The quietness of the 280 is one of the attractions as all circuits now have strict noise limits. And frankly you're not going to find out how wonderful this car is until you take it on track. I gave a 911 GT3 a good run for his money last time out - but then he got pulled over for being too noisy, while I motored on! :lol:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
I'm guessing you're not taking it on track. The quietness of the 280 is one of the attractions as all circuits now have strict noise limits. And frankly you're not going to find out how wonderful this car is until you take it on track. I gave a 911 GT3 a good run for his money last time out - but then he got pulled over for being too noisy, while I motored on! :lol:

Nothing planned yet James, however I will no doubt give it a go on a track sometime next year because like you said, the only way to find out how good the cupra is, is on a track! However, a few of the Yorkshire roads give you a very good idea.....lol! Haha, that did give me a good laugh! I'm not wanting ridiculous noise, just something with a pop and burble lol

Fmxvxx

Dec 21, 2014
if anyone ever gets the chance Get down to Milbrook proving grounds best drive I've ever had in the cupra 148 round the bowl and blasting around the alpine handling course cant be beaten.

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
GIAC have cracked the ECU for mapping the ECU's that are on lockdown post 03/2015.
The downside is that you have to send them your ECU to be unblocked and then it can be mapped.

Omodhos

May 29, 2015
Sheffield
I gather then your warranty dosnt stand,seat would be able to tell,you could not return it to standard when you wanted for warranty work

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.