Update - Broken Infotainment System

Feb 25, 2023
Hi all,

I purchased a used Seat Leon (21 Plate) 1.5eTSI Xcellence Lux and picked it up on Friday. I got home and made myself the primary user etc and was met with multiple software updates.

The car had just been serviced by a Marshall Seat Dealer.

I then preformed the OTA updates. I believe seeing the version was at the time on 1804? Regardless, I pressed update and it went to the screen saying update in progress and not to drive the car. I don’t remember the new update version. I do remember it was a “system” update and that I did the other ones beforehand.

Some 50 minutes later I get into the car and the infotainment screen is black, so I assumed it was completed. When I started the engine, it was permanently on the “S” icon loading and kept going black. When you went into reverse, the camera came up with a black screen surrounding it. I tried holding the power button to reset it but it didn’t work. It was permanently stuck on the S loading icon. All the driver assists, audio etc were not working and nothing like GPS worked either.

Little over 12 hours of having the car it has got to go back. Does anyone have any information on what may have caused this?

Reactions: rodman

Alex667

Jan 10, 2023
United Kingdom
Get them to update it to the latest version (1898 or 1899 depending on where you ask). It’ll be a warranty thing so document what’s happening (take photos/videos) if they kick off about it.
Get used to having buggy software in the infotainment system though..

Feb 25, 2023
Get them to update it to the latest version (1898 or 1899 depending on where you ask). It’ll be a warranty thing so document what’s happening (take photos/videos) if they kick off about it.
Get used to having buggy software in the infotainment system though..
What are some of the major bugs? Are they critical?

Feb 25, 2023
Been told this is a Software Control Module and the car crashed during the update for an unknown reason. Been told it is covered under warranty and it shouldn’t had crashed. Saying that; I’ve had no eta by the SEAT dealer on a timescale for the part. Been told it’s got to be coded to the car VIN, but no further information.