Update from my dealer

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
I hope so too, just have to wait and see. I dont trust the stealers, but just because the sunroof was on the order form doesnt mean he placed the order on the computer or whatever system they. use.

Well when we FINALLY get our cars we can always have a meet of the Candy White FR/Cupra owners club :)

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
I hope so too, just have to wait and see. I dont trust the stealers, but just because the sunroof was on the order form doesnt mean he placed the order on the computer or whatever system they. use.

This is true, if so, it will only be another 3 month wait that's all.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Hi Rich,

Was off work last week, so missed the email the stealer sent me on Tues 15th. Apparently my car was loaded on the ship, so might be on the same ship yours is on, so maybe your stealer wasnt BS'ing you. I have contacted him again today but he wasnt around, so have popped him an email.

He told me the car was delayed about 10 days which since I was supposed to get it last week would now make it next week (hopefully).

Will let you know more. Apparently dealer has promised to keep looking for me, he knows how impatient I am to get the car now.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
I dont know how much dealers actually know to be honest but if they dont know I would rather they give me a 'dont know than a guess. Nothing hacks me off more than being told one one and then something else happening. I was originally misinformed my build date was week 13, when in fact it turned out to be week 17.

Hopefully not too long now, will end up being about an 11 week wait.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
The latest ship has now arrived in the UK over the weekend. Cars to be sent out on transporter sometime this week with delivery to me early next week apparently (holding my breath :).

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
Mine has arrived on this ship, however it is now confirmed that the Sunroof wasn't ordered.

I now have been given three options;

1) They will give me the deposit back and I walk away.

2) They will order me another car, and I will have to wait another 3-4 months, they will lend me there Courtesy car as I sold my car on privately rather than PX

3) They have also offered that if I take this car without the Sunroof, then they will sell me the car at cost price (this is there words) knocking another £1090 off plus the price of the Sunroof at £310 plus throw in 2 years free servicing, so all in £1400 off plus 2 services.

I'm stuck in the middle of a major dilema. I had made my mind up I wanted the car re-ordering, but now they have offered the discount I'm swaying.

What exactly is the cost price of a Cupra.

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
Is a tough one. If it was me I would take it without the sunroof and get the discount and 2 yrs free servicing but i dont envy you your decision and I am sure you dont want to wait another 3 months

Cupras are about £19.5k (no idea what cost price is though).

seadragon

SEADRAGON
Apr 1, 2006
Benington, Herts.
D'oh, i forgot your order was a cupra.

Zboyd might know cost price, he is very knowledgeable and has contacts at SEAT.

I would imagine that if they were giving it to you at cost that your discount would have been a couple grand more over £1090 at least.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
D'oh, i forgot your order was a cupra.

Zboyd might know cost price, he is very knowledgeable and has contacts at SEAT.

I would imagine that if they were giving it to you at cost that your discount would have been a couple grand more over £1090 at least.

Yeah, I would of thought more.

I got an initial £800 discount, then the 2 yrs servicing maybe £300 ish plus the £1090, so all in all something along the lines of £2200!!!

simmytt

Dec 2, 2006
midlands
Gutted for you mate, if i was you i would go for it as you know(maybe) i have a c/w fr and the colour looks fantastic on the leon, the lines of the car look stunning, i have lost count of the ammount of people coming up to me and saying nice things about the car the chav boys rubber neck to get a look, it has a stealthy retro look that in no way needs the sideskirts or spoilers to enhance its looks any c/w owners please look at your car befor fitting any kits as imho it spoils the looks(i do like the skirts ect but on the c/w its a no no) The black headlineing in the cupra is to die for,mk1 gti style, you dont need a sunroof spoiling the ultra modern lines, go for it and enjoy:D

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
The dealer has just phoned back to see if I have made up my mind, I haven't fully, although still swaying towards reorder (it'll be a 57plate by the time it arrived I'm sure, with possibly new style grill)

But I asked what else he would throw into the deal to sweeten it, for me to take it as is.

I have/had really set my heart on it having all the spec I wanted, and again this has taken the shine off something I wanted, if you know what I mean.

He also mentioned, they may have it at the dealership on Thursday (this week)

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
are they offering £1400 of the basic price or £1400 off the price of the car you ordered?

£1400 off the £19600 is tempting if its loaded with your options, but that amount off the car with your options added on isnt so good, you could probably haggle that amount off.

its a tough call, and one i'm pleased i dont have to make (yet anyway!!). i may be tempted to hang on for the 57 plate, but then again the summers over by then.

push your luck. ask for mats, flaps, full tank of juice, and whatever else you can think of.

good luck.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
See if the dealer is prepared to offer you those discounts on a new car. Otherwise verify cost price of a car and then push for the maximum available discount that reaches that figure. If i was in your shoes i would take it as a sunroof would not be important to me. Hope you are happy with whatever choice you make.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
are they offering £1400 of the basic price or £1400 off the price of the car you ordered?

£1400 off the £19600 is tempting if its loaded with your options, but that amount off the car with your options added on isnt so good, you could probably haggle that amount off.

its a tough call, and one i'm pleased i dont have to make (yet anyway!!). i may be tempted to hang on for the 57 plate, but then again the summers over by then.

push your luck. ask for mats, flaps, full tank of juice, and whatever else you can think of.

good luck.

The £1400 is off the whole price plus the intial discount of £800=£2200 plus the 2 free service's, but unsure as to what the value would be for the servicing.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
See if the dealer is prepared to offer you those discounts on a new car. Otherwise verify cost price of a car and then push for the maximum available discount that reaches that figure. If i was in your shoes i would take it as a sunroof would not be important to me. Hope you are happy with whatever choice you make.

If you mean, this level of discount on a re-ordered Cupra, then no. I think he simply doesn't want this White Cupra in his showroom, so is prepared to discount it further to get shut.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
The £1400 is off the whole price plus the intial discount of £800=£2200 plus the 2 free service's, but unsure as to what the value would be for the servicing.

service values to are dealership are buttons. a few litres of oil, a couple of filters, sump plug and possibly a few other bits and bobs. its the labour that us mugs for pay that bump up sevicing costs.

if i were you i'd ask for the value of the sevices to be added to the discount, then it'd be worth an extra £200 - £250ish. and dont forget, your car doesnt need to be serviced at a seat dealership to keep the warranty valid these days (one of the better decisions made by our european beurocrats).

a nice round £2500 off and i'd be tempted to forget the sunroof ;) .

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
service values to are dealership are buttons. a few litres of oil, a couple of filters, sump plug and possibly a few other bits and bobs. its the labour that us mugs for pay that bump up sevicing costs.

if i were you i'd ask for the value of the sevices to be added to the discount, then it'd be worth an extra £200 - £250ish. and dont forget, your car doesnt need to be serviced at a seat dealership to keep the warranty valid these days (one of the better decisions made by our european beurocrats).

a nice round £2500 off and i'd be tempted to forget the sunroof ;) .

Yeah, your'e right about it costing them diddly for the servicing, but it still would have to be serviced from my hard earned if not on them, but I do know what you mean.

Jan 18, 2007
West Of London
Value of the service sounds like a damn good idea. If they push to say they cannot then you can walk away which i doubt they would be prepared to do for 200 pounds.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
Cupra R,

morning. what have you decided to do then?

ive had a bit of a think this morning :think:.

what options did you go for?
if your really desparate for that sunroof and our options are roughly the same, i may be prepeared to forego the sunroof and get a car earlier, so if you are interested maybe we could swap orders.
mine is due to be built next week with sunroof/bluetooth/convenience pack.
ive paid the £500 deposit as its a factory order (i guess you have too).

let us know how you get on. i guess their offer may be a little too good to walk away from.

chris