Update on my LCR

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
Ok had a look at the turbo, and unless i am very much mistaken i think the turbo is :censored::censored::censored:...i take it when you grab the impellor it should not move? it moves about half an inch forward and back.. please confirm folks?????

cheers owen

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
awell that is 3 out of 3 that has said the impellor should not move side to side, up and down or in and out ouf the turbo... the impellor moves in all direction but mainly in and out (1/2")... so looks like i will stick a new turbo on it next week...

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
not sure but i am hopeing under £200, anyone got a spare or know of one for sale... i have seen the one on ebay but i am not giving the guy £250 for it.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
£250 isn't a bad price if its good.
A new one will be £600 plus VAT.
I have a spare k04-023 with 7000 miles use on it, immaculate condition but would want £300 plus P&P.
One of the site sponsors was selling some second hand ones off cheap not so long ago so do a searchy and you may be in luck.
Be prepared for a bit of an outing replacing them as an experienced mechanic will probably take around 4 hours to do the job, I took about ten hours. Then theres things like coolant etc etc.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
dont worry mate, i am willing to do the work if it will save me a few hundred pounds, just have to get on with it and get it done... first things first, get the FUC*ED turbo out!!! will report back tomorrow hopefully in one peice

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
dont worry mate, i am willing to do the work if it will save me a few hundred pounds,

LOL a true Scotsman ;).
Owen also give companies like turbo dynamics a ring to find out how much to refurb the broken unit, it may not be as costly as you think. Most will offer a three day turn around.

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
cheers buddy

a true scotsman at heart maybe, or perhaps a complete tube???

i have got a list of phone number to phone tomorrow morning including refurb companies, turbo upgrade companies to see if they have any old KO4 turbos...

just to confirm, what turbo is it????

KO4 but does it have any numbers after

cheers

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members