Upgrading 2008 Leon Radio To RCD 510?

lofty987

Mar 29, 2014
I’ve just realised that cutting is required, but at the lower front of the dash as the RCD510 has a small square section that’s proud of the main unit stopping it being pushed in completely. Still need help on the best place to source a feed for number 16 pin please.

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Jodrell, is your car a pre-facelift mk2? I have a FL mk2 and the RCD510 unit had a bit on the bottom that I had to cut the holw for to accomodate it. This was s simple job with a dremmel type thing. As for coding, for me it was a simple plg and play. I don't have the DAB version.

lofty987

Mar 29, 2014
Jodrell, is your car a pre-facelift mk2? I have a FL mk2 and the RCD510 unit had a bit on the bottom that I had to cut the holw for to accomodate it. This was s simple job with a dremmel type thing. As for coding, for me it was a simple plg and play. I don't have the DAB version.
Thanks for your help. Yes my car is the pre facelift mk2 and after cutting the same small section away to accommodate the SDcard block at the bottom of the RCD510 head unit it fitted nicely . I had to connect power to the code pin and then as you say it was a plug and play. I’m not an expert on this but found the forum told me everything else I needed to know with a bit of searching.

Had to buy the double fakra adapter, a fakra DAB aerial, AUX connector, and a fascia panel end everything’s worked perfectly.

Jul 15, 2020
Thanks for your help. Yes my car is the pre facelift mk2 and after cutting the same small section away to accommodate the SDcard block at the bottom of the RCD510 head unit it fitted nicely . I had to connect power to the code pin and then as you say it was a plug and play. I’m not an expert on this but found the forum told me everything else I needed to know with a bit of searching.

Had to buy the double fakra adapter, a fakra DAB aerial, AUX connector, and a fascia panel end everything’s worked perfectly.

What pin is the code pin please and mate how do I get the code lol to enter it ive got full dealer odis at my work place any help would be much appreciated thank you

lofty987

Mar 29, 2014
What pin is the code pin please and mate how do I get the code lol to enter it ive got full dealer odis at my work place any help would be much appreciated thank you
The code connector pin is number 16 on the back of the RCD 510 radio unit. I don’t know how to get the code for radios though. Sorry mate

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise