Upgrading front lights on IBIZa 2003 1.9tdi sport

Dec 3, 2009
I've heard bad things about vision plus so stick with XTremes and blue vision if you are getting philips

powerbulbs.co.uk say Xtreme or Blue Vision are supposed to be significantly better than nightbreakers
I'd say give either one of them a go, depending on whether you want a blue tint or not =]

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
well ill stick with bluevision in that case, i think:)
Cheers mate.
Very helpful stuff!!!

Last edited:

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
I would suggest getting HID's.. I had Osram Nightbreakers in my dipped beam and the HIDs are just so much better! I see double what I used to at night!

Osram on the left, 6k HID on the left.
HIDs.jpg

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
I would suggest getting HID's.. I had Osram Nightbreakers in my dipped beam and the HIDs are just so much better! I see double what I used to at night!

Osram on the left, 6k HID on the left.
HIDs.jpg
How much to convert to hid? Would it affect insurance premium ???
I need to get same car as yours tho. Mine 130bhp sport is just getting tyred:)

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
The price varies for each kit, quite a few people have got a kit from ebay for around £30-40. I dont know if it will affect your insurance premium, mine never. I would expect it would be much if it did though.

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
as above...even if you do declare HID conversion it's still illegal as the headlight washers aren't installed, so they have the right to charge something silly or even decline insurance

even if you do declare HID conversion it's still illegal as the headlight washers aren't installed, so they have the right to charge something silly or even decline insurance

See this is where HID's legality becomes quite a grey area - the law states that if you have HID's as standard you need washers/autolevelling, not it they are retrofitted :S