Tell

Staff member
Once I got a bit of direction from @Maypack, the system is pretty easy to use to be honest.

I started with a completely new setup and this way of structuring (Siblings) never worked with my MY2018 car:
View attachment 10705

I thought I was going mad, but then I tied the following structure (Child) and it worked straight away:
View attachment 10706

Not sure how you could set up the sibling route any differently. It just never worked. Bit I've updated my Cameras 3 or 4 times now, and the Child way always works.

It's suppose to be the top one. May be Radas altered the program so it's the second one now but works fine for those who have previously done it how he said before !. What you can't do is go mad an do what you could with the RNS units before MIB2. That is the instruction of hanging them off the route. You can't have siblings hanging all over the place in a big tree structure.

Any one else that finds they have to do it the second way rather the first way ?.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
It's suppose to be the top one. May be Radas altered the program so it's the second one now but works fine for those who have previously done it how he said before !. What you can't do is go mad an do what you could with the RNS units before MIB2. That is the instruction of hanging them off the route. You can't have siblings hanging all over the place in a big tree structure.

Any one else that finds they have to do it the second way rather the first way ?.
@Maypack for sure.

Has anyone with a MY2019 tried it the way I have it?

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Once I got a bit of direction from @Maypack, the system is pretty easy to use to be honest.

I started with a completely new setup and this way of structuring (Siblings) never worked with my MY2018 car:
View attachment 10705

I thought I was going mad, but then I tied the following structure (Child) and it worked straight away:
View attachment 10706

Not sure how you could set up the sibling route any differently. It just never worked. Bit I've updated my Cameras 3 or 4 times now, and the Child way always works.
OK.... so a reboot didn't work.
So I've now created using child structure.....

upload_2019-10-22_13-38-27.png

so I'll reformat USB and also SD card and try both those tonight. Just in case it doesn't like USB.

Did you bother changing map zoom level at all?

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-22_13-36-1.png
    upload_2019-10-22_13-36-1.png
    37.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
Reactions: Tell

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
OK.... so a reboot didn't work.
So I've now created using child structure.....

View attachment 10711

so I'll reformat USB and also SD card and try both those tonight. Just in case it doesn't like USB.

Did you bother changing map zoom level at all?
I didn't change map zoom level for anything to make it work. Those Icons though, have you checked they're okay? I know when creating your own icons you need to be careful of resolution, file size and bit depth.

Reactions: Don1961 and Tell

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019

Tell

Staff member
@Maypack for sure.

Has anyone with a MY2019 tried it the way I have it?

He never told me about it (Maypack) and we're mates ;).

I will email the developer to see whether he changed the program. I could see if he did then it may behave like this now on legacy file proformas but need a new revised format on a new one. But either way the process is quite strict on getting the proforma right for the mib units on icon size and as I said the units themselves being rebooted to get them to accept revised icons which had a problem first time round.

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019

I will email the developer to see whether he changed the program. I could see if he did then it may behave like this now on legacy file proformas but need a new revised format on a new one. But either way the process is quite strict on getting the proforma right for the mib units on icon size and as I said the units themselves being rebooted to get them to accept revised icons which had a problem first time round.
In the POInspect0r manual, the developer talks about both structures. Although he does say.....
under the heading 'Discover' Units...
For these 'newer' units, it should look like this (according to this link). It then shows a screen shot as per @Tell's instructions.
The link, by the way, is to this thread ;)

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

At the risk of throwing him under the bus for not telling you :whistle:, here is the screen shot he sent me of what he uses:

index.php

Edit better image:
upload_2019-10-22_15-40-22.png

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Could this be the reason so many new people with MY2019 can't update POIs?

No that's the hardware finishing in 877 and 877A, the standard unit with wifi. The Spanish board have led the way on that since the guy that manufactures the files from a Spanish speed camera database found all his user base getting their freebies from him were not working. He uses Radas program. So he pinned the issue down on Spanish Leon and Ateca sites. It goes threw to MY20.

There are other people with scripts that do the import but they all fail since nobody can import Pois on those units. Saying this I think its an incompatibility of the firmware with the device so it was never tested correctly with the hardware. The solution being via a change in the firmware but that hasn't happened yet as it has run onto the My20 units. Of course Seat says we don't support it if you read the Spanish thread referenced above.

20191022_161237.png

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Might be the case where the default technical author didn't get told of the programmers change. I'll email to resolve.

Ok had a reply from Radas replying to which of the two should be used shown in post 100:

Both will work. Program export all Cat´s into root as discover unit does not support tree structure.

Btw docu is already updated by anyone from germany.

I have edited the document with the words "May require" since Radas says either but linked down to the recent examples above.

Trust we are all happy now :).

Last edited:

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Ok had a reply from Radas replying to which of the two should be used shown in post 100:

Both will work. Program export all Cat´s into root as discover unit does not support tree structure.

I have edited the document with the words "May require" since Radas says either but linked down to the recent examples above.

Was never unhappy ;)

Reactions: Tell and Maypack

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019

I'm very happy...... finally got it to work for me! :bounce:

I used the @Damo H / @Maypack way ;) Also. had to use an SD card.... wasn't happy with the USB stick, but it did like the icons. YaaaY

Just need to check the warble tomorrow.

Many thanks to @Tell and @Damo H for all your help and advice. :worship:

Reactions: Maypack

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front

I used the @Damo H / @Maypack way ;) Also. had to use an SD card.... wasn't happy with the USB stick, but it did like the icons. YaaaY

Just need to check the warble tomorrow.

Can't take any credit, its all @Tell and a little bit of @Maypack. I'm just here to cause trouble lol

Reactions: Maypack

Tell

Staff member

Had a feeling there was a USB issue perhaps on the standard unit. Works fine on the high. I populate two cars one high the other standard with the speeds cameras and my favourite destinations which mimic normal Sat nav systems in their presentation.

USB Pois are fine on the high but keep two very low memory old photographic SD cards for the POI updates. Obviously I'd have to agree with the developer that either presentation will work as per post 100 but signposted it in the documentation.

Reactions: Don1961

Tell

Staff member
Well Radas says either method in post 100 works but given the second has more recent positive posts I'd go for that. I'd test the first method again with the more recent update of the program, but the thought of fiddling around to construct that again put me off when I have something working. Basically that part of the program is a graphical interface to create the structure of the database file. That may have changed but we are told not.

Once the database file is created you populate it. The icons wherever you get them from need resizing to 39x39 if they aren't already. I provide one way of doing that in the text, there are others.

For the warble you set the distance at 1 metre, mib units compute the distance before the camera to sound the warning based on your speed. Old RDS unit that was manual. O and 1 is all you need.

Sort out the icons on the screen to show.

Warble volume is at the navigation voice level.

You do a test run as described in the text, demo mode of the advanced menu.

That just leaves any idiosyncratic behaviour of the unit to importing the Pois. That's where the reboot comes in, if you resize them and they still dont appear correctly. Think they get imported to one area of the infotainment memory but don't cross over to what it uses before a reboot since it remains unaware that you have changed the icon size.

Reactions: Don1961