UPPER strut brace poll

What do you think of the UPPER strut brace?

• Slightly worse since adding brace

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Hi all,

I just wanted to run a quick poll for people who have added the UPPER strut brace to their car.

I have been interested in getting one fitted but was advised that it might upset the handling (mainly with regard to riding over bumps on the road) and wanted to see what people who have fitted them think.

I originally thought the upper strut brace would help with turn in (reducing understeer) but from what I was told it is to keep the car stiff during high speed cornering on a race track; and that it's really the lower strut brace that improves lower speed turn in.

The more comments you add the better to help me decide and give me any info you found since adding it. Also if you added it while adding other parts would be useful to know as this might slightly disguise the affect of the upper brace.

Thanks for your time,
Rob.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Mine made a bit of difference, it feels a bit stiffer.
It certainly DID'NT make the handling any worse.

speedinsaxo

Jun 7, 2003
Visit site
Made for a sharper turn in, and a stiffer front end.
Did not make any noticable difference to riding the bumps - it's still bl**dy bumpy with or without !!

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
Front Upper slightly improved handling - rear upper strut (in boot), made a MASSIVE difference to handling & I would recommend it to anyone :)

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
Front upper brace i felt makes a diffirence when your pushing hard,much sharper and stiffer front end but under normal driving you wont really notice a diffierence,deffinatly doesnt make things worse tho.For the relativly small cost of it,its still worth getting id say.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Well can only comment on the difference with the S3 strutt brace and the 28mm rear ARB as both of these were fitted at the same time.
The car felt good but not a massive transformation
BUT.....
With these and the front ARB upgraded there is a massive improvement, massive.

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Does the REAR strutt brace really make that much difference ???
I'm planning on getting front and rear ARB's soon but I cant really afford them yet :(

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
i would say the strut brace makes a noticeable improvement to the handling of the car, once it is fitted go look for a tight roundabout and you will notice the steering bites more when going into the bend. when mine was fitted the first thing i noticed was how heavy the steering had become. this is a good thing. i know this was down to the strut brace for a fact because i drove a standard LCR the same day and it felt like i could turn the steering wheel with 1 finger. the owner of the other car commented on how heavy my steering is a t low speeds too.

rear upper strut (in boot), made a MASSIVE difference to handling & I would recommend it to anyone :)

i wouldnt say massive difference. just feels more stiffer and controllable.

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Thanks for all the responses so far... I probably won't be able to get the parts in time for when I get the remap done so I'll probably do it when I have it in for a service this summer. Give me something to look forward to - the worse thing is to have all the "todo's" done with the kind of upgraditus that we all suffer from!

godber225r

T15 PJG
Sep 6, 2008
Whiteley, Hampshire
Never understood why the LCR never came with one as standard??:shrug:
Get the audi S3 one. its a good price and a good colour. Made a slight difference to my car only really noticeable when throwing it round roundabouts.

A good mod for 50 odd quid do it:p

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Thanks for all the responses so far... I probably won't be able to get the parts in time for when I get the remap done so I'll probably do it when I have it in for a service this summer. Give me something to look forward to - the worse thing is to have all the "todo's" done with the kind of upgraditus that we all suffer from!

Fit it yourself mate, they are easy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members