Usher's 1.2 Ibiza. Update L@@K

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Hi All

Im Matt, been on here a few months now but not posted any pics about my car as havent had anything to show you all! :lol:
Its nothing special, just an ickle 1.2 but i like it.
Finally started doing a few MOD's

So here goes, this is how she was when i first got her:
ibiza.jpg

ibiza2.jpg

ibiza3.jpg

Here she was just a couple of weeks ago:
IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Then i got a K&N Induction Kit:
IMG_0157.jpg

And how she is now with Coilovers on:
DSCF1432.jpg

DSCF1433.jpg

So MOD's i have already done are:
De-Badge I B I Z A
Private Plate
K&N Induction Kit
Raceland Coilovers

MOD's still wanting to do are:
Cades Eros Alloys
De-Wiper
HID's
Oval Exhaust
Spray S Badges
Colour Code some Parts

Probably missed bits off the list.

Let me know what you think

Cheers Matt

Last edited:

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Looks good so far and plans sound good, be carefull though once you start modifying it you wont be able to stop!

Thanks mate!
Yeah ive heard about the "modifying bug", i think if i had an fr or a cupra i would already have it as i would want to do performance MOD's.

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Hey usher. Been wondering where your RR was! How're you finding the Raceland coilies' ride? Seriously thinking on them atm, although if the rides shocking, I'll not bother :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
nice car mate, keep up the mods

(PS don't get the Cades, so many nice wheels you can get for the same price, and not copies/reps)

good luck with it all :)

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Hey usher. Been wondering where your RR was! How're you finding the Raceland coilies' ride? Seriously thinking on them atm, although if the rides shocking, I'll not bother :)

Hi mate, yeah just started it tonight!
There not bad, bit bouncy, but im happy with them. Got them for £150 brand new! Need to get it lower and put my rear seats back in before i can really tell but the car handles much better, feels planted going round corners.

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
nice car mate, keep up the mods

(PS don't get the Cades, so many nice wheels you can get for the same price, and not copies/reps)

good luck with it all :)

Thanks a lot mate!
What wheels would you reccomend that are a similar look?
I wanted some that i hadn't seen on another one.
Cheers

Oj 89

Senior junior member
Aug 19, 2008
NW Kent
Hi mate, yeah just started it tonight!
There not bad, bit bouncy, but im happy with them. Got them for £150 brand new! Need to get it lower and put my rear seats back in before i can really tell but the car handles much better, feels planted going round corners.

Ahhe, Thats cool. Can live with a bit bouncy. Can't be any worse than the stock mk3 :lol: Give us an update once its all back in :)

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Thanks a lot mate!
What wheels would you reccomend that are a similar look?
I wanted some that i hadn't seen on another one.
Cheers

tbh, wheels are subjective, so you need to see what you like, get onto edition38 forum, have a look around in their for sale section, loads of nice wheels :)

think of it as an investment, if you get OEM wheels, but if you bought the Cades, you will definitely make a loss when you come to change them

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
tbh, wheels are subjective, so you need to see what you like, get onto edition38 forum, have a look around in their for sale section, loads of nice wheels :)

think of it as an investment, if you get OEM wheels, but if you bought the Cades, you will definitely make a loss when you come to change them

Yeah i joined edition the other day actually and had a mooch around!

I get what you mean, so wheels such as bbs, borbet and schmidt's are the investment types?

Cheers

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yep mate, as the "scene" love them

Also stuff like OEM wheels, like my Audi Fat 5 wheels, hold their value so well.

If you really like the Cades, go for them, but I like changing it around alot, and I would be gutted if I got them for £500-600, then few months later, can only sell for like £300 lol (but I am indian and tight lmao)

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
yep mate, as the "scene" love them

Also stuff like OEM wheels, like my Audi Fat 5 wheels, hold their value so well.

If you really like the Cades, go for them, but I like changing it around alot, and I would be gutted if I got them for £500-600, then few months later, can only sell for like £300 lol (but I am indian and tight lmao)

I get what you mean, thanks for the advice.:thumbup:

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Update

Not been on for a while so here is an update.

Had a problem with front headlights getting full of condensation.
IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Which i think led to blowing a headlight.
IMG_0192.jpg

So took the cover off the back and drilled a few small holes on the covers to try and help clear the condensation.
IMG_0194.jpg

Replaced the blown bulb for a Halfords one. :lol:
IMG_0195.jpg

Also changed the sidelights while i was at it for some laser blue ones.
Before:
IMG_0198.jpg

After:
IMG_0197.jpg

And picked this up the other night and fitted it. I know they are a marmite thing but i do a lot of miles each day and my bonnet is getting peppered with stone chips.

IMG_0199.jpg

Interior is back in and now wound down all the way on the back.
IMG_0183.jpg

Comments/Criticism welcome
Cheers
Usher

Last edited:

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Mines better ;p lol jokes man. Coming along nicely.

I got better bargains though lol; my bra was 9.99 and coilys were 80 lol.

haha, cheers mate.
bargains, the bra really suits yours ;)

I fixed the condensation issue by resealing the light unit cap with vaseline, and taping a silica bag inside each one. Worked a treat :)

Looks awesome with your coilies!

Has it got rid of it all?
Didn't think of silica bags at all, think i will try that. cheers

Cheers, does look better than it did by far but still not happy. Need adjusters out of the rear and bringing the front down more. ;)
Yours is smart aswell mate, love the cupra wheels :D

Does anyone know how much the facelift fr front grilles cost for all 5?

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
First of all, take the headlamp covers off and use a hairdryer in order to evaporate the droplets. Once it's all removed, add the silica bag and Vaseline on the seals, and it's sorted :)

Having said that, with my HIDs I have large holes in the rear of my covers anyway, and always have my lights on when I drive anyway. Gives no opportunity for condensation to stay and the heat of the lights is quite high.

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
yeah i always drive with my lights on too, will see what happens. If it stays the same i will try it with silica bags.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.