Usher's 1.2 Ibiza. Update L@@K

adamddodson

Cars looking sweet on them coils. Just bought pretty much the exact same car!

adamddodson

Just need to wait till payday then I'll get some stuff sorted and hopefully get some pics on here

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Are they really worth £70-80 though?

What about just uprated bulbs?

Is there much difference?

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
The best halogen bulbs you're going to get, in terms of best visibility and whiteness balance, are Osram Nightbreak Plus bulbs.

HIDs are far brighter, offering a more intense light, as well as being pure white, which is impossible for any type of halogen bulb.

I love them; they look great! Whenever I am pulling out of a junction and see the reflection in a shop window or something, they are an awesome colour and really improved the look of the car. Much better than orange rubbish :)

Combine them with some white LED side lights and you're onto a winner!

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
The best halogen bulbs you're going to get, in terms of best visibility and whiteness balance, are Osram Nightbreak Plus bulbs.

HIDs are far brighter, offering a more intense light, as well as being pure white, which is impossible for any type of halogen bulb.

I love them; they look great! Whenever I am pulling out of a junction and see the reflection in a shop window or something, they are an awesome colour and really improved the look of the car. Much better than orange rubbish :)

Combine them with some white LED side lights and you're onto a winner!

Hmmm...... Initially i wanted HID's but then thought are they worth the money if i only get say 5k as they are white.

But i think i will get 6k so it has a hint of blue. My mate has 12k in his arosa and they are really blue.

As for side lights i got some laser blue ones which are brighter than standard but not really what i was looking for, as i like the ones with a hint of blue.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
12k...wtf...WHY?! He must get pulled all the time!

What do you mean by 'laser blue' lights? Just the blue covered halogen sidelight bulbs?

White LED sielights have a hint of blue in them. Here's a pic of mine..

Photo1099.jpg

Photo1095.jpg

Photo1092.jpg

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Ok so an updated list on what im planning on doing:

Take Adjusters Out of Rear

Lower More on The Front

Leon Cupra R Splitter

Spray Front & Back "S" Badges

Fr Front Grilles

Fr Rear Bumper

Alloys (undecided but probably something with dish or OEM)

Colour Coded Side Strips

Colour Coded Mirror Covers

Legal Metal Pressed Plates

HID's

Spray Some Interior Parts

Possibly a Bit of Flocking in The Future

Think thats about everything i wanting to do.
Any other ideas/advice would be much appreciated :D

Cheers

Last edited:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
I think you can still buy glossy black mirror covers from a stealer anyway, to save you the job of spraying yours. Quite cheap, like £10-20 I think.

Are you going for a 'murdered' look, with black badges, bodywork, and perhaps alloys?

Yours is the first facelift bumper I've seen, without fog lights.

All sounds good though :)

In terms of pressed plates, I don't know I can be bothered... as I'd have to send off my V5 and stuff to Dubmeister and I'm not sure if I want to risk that...

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
12k...wtf...WHY?! He must get pulled all the time!

What do you mean by 'laser blue' lights? Just the blue covered halogen sidelight bulbs?

White LED sielights have a hint of blue in them. Here's a pic of mine..

Photo1099.jpg

Photo1095.jpg

Photo1092.jpg
Wow what sidelights are they?
They are exactly what im looking for!
And yes "laser blue" the halogens painted blue.

I think you can still buy glossy black mirror covers from a stealer anyway, to save you the job of spraying yours. Quite cheap, like £10-20 I think.

Are you going for a 'murdered' look, with black badges, bodywork, and perhaps alloys?

Yours is the first facelift bumper I've seen, without fog lights.

All sounds good though :)

In terms of pressed plates, I don't know I can be bothered... as I'd have to send off my V5 and stuff to Dubmeister and I'm not sure if I want to risk that...

Ahh right didnt realise they did them, thought everyone just painted them.

No:no: i like that look but thats not what im doing. I wanted to be different and yes spray the badges black but then paint behind the "S" either Orange or Arden Blue instead of like most people red.

Yeah thats because mines the reference and not the reference sport.

Cheers

Yeah i definately know what you mean, ive spoke to a few lads who have got them from them and they said they didnt have any problems.

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Super cheap and they look really good.
Will be buying some of them! How often do they go?

I may take it to a bodyshop and get them to do some interior parts too. Along with a machine polish to get rid of the swirl marks!

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Spray it yourself...much cheaper and isn't hard to do...

And for machine polishing...that can cost up to £100 or something silly. You can buy your own machine polisher with pads and polish for that price! May as well invest in one if you thinking about getting it done...

The LEDs probably last up to 6months at a time tbh. Although I use mine all the time when I drive.

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Spray it yourself...much cheaper and isn't hard to do...

And for machine polishing...that can cost up to £100 or something silly. You can buy your own machine polisher with pads and polish for that price! May as well invest in one if you thinking about getting it done...

The LEDs probably last up to 6months at a time tbh. Although I use mine all the time when I drive.

I just dont want it to look sh*t thats all.

Sounds pretty cheap for a machine polisher, to be honest i havent even looked at getting one because i thought they were a few hundred quid. Hence why i was wanting to take to a body shop.

Deleted member 35176

Glad you got your headlights got sorted lad, hope the advice helped!! looking forward to seeing it at the meet!

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Yeah tar the advice helped, one side has completely cleared and the other is the same as it was so ive put a silica bag in to help dry it up.

Yeah i get back off holiday on the 6th so I should be able to come down and show you it and my bra too :lol:

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Take the headlight cover off and hold a hairdryer to the front of the headlight. All the water will evaporate within about 5-10 minutes. Just make sure to give it a few breaks, you don't want to risk warping the headlight. Be patient and the problem will be gone :)

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
I will try that with the girlfriends hairdryer tomorrow!
Does it stop it completely then, now that i have drilled the holes aswell?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise