Usher's 1.2 Ibiza. Update L@@K

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Guildford and Bristol (uni)
Should do. Did for me!

Also, regarding the front badge, there are lots of guides on SCN about painting/wrapping the front badge. Very easy tbh and is hard to do badly.

I'm buying a machine polisher in the next month or so. Looking at getting the DAS-6 Pro.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polis...al-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_675.html

For £164.99 you get 6 different polishing pads, the machine polisher, backing plate and 3 different types of polish. Pretty good deal!

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Good good!!

Yeah I've read the guides, I was goin to do it myself but I wanted to get some interior bits sprayed so just was going to get them to do it.

Hmm let us know what it's like as I may invest in one after my hols!

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
Bit of an update!

After getting back off my hols, i decided that i wanted to sell the ibiza and get a diesel!
Reasons being, mileage im doing and needing a bit more power and torque.
Wasn't intending on selling it just yet, had plenty more things in the pipeline.

Looking at a 1.4tdi for the next car.
Already planning on what i want to do:
-Remap
-Lower
-Alloys
-Exhaust System

Was looking at a 1.9tdi fabia vrs although insurance prices wont allow this to happen :(

So my car hasn't progressed any further and will be going back to standard in the next couple of weeks :ban:

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
insurance prices are ridiculous for an fr and i would just do the same with that.

insurance is no difference between mine and a 1.4tdi, yes it would be more with a map etc. but i wasnt planning on doing that straight away.
im on the motorway most days hence needing a diesel.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
Er, why would you need alloys/exhaust/map seeing as the FR would wipe the floor with a 1.4tdi anyway? Added insurance would be sky high with all those mods you mentioned, surely it's less than a standard FR?

I could insure an FR (diesel) worth 6-7k for £1400 (and I'm 18....) as opposed to the £700ish for my 1.2, so I'm not sure what ridiculous figures you're getting.

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
who do you insure with? if i can insure an fr for that much i would get one now!
is that your own policy or under your mum or dad?

cheapest i can get on an fr or vrs is £2000, thats without mods.
cheapest i can insure mine is £1200 and im 18 with no points or convictions and nearly 2 years no claims.

Chris_a_73

1.2L Ibiza Mk4 '07
Oct 27, 2009
I'm with Admiral. My current policy is £1400 or so, but my renewal is £700-800 is next month. I've done hypothetical quotes on an FR and got £1400 with 2 years NCB.

It's fully comp, and on my own policy, with my parents are named drivers.

xX usher Xx

Jun 16, 2010
im currently paying £1400 for mine too.
will have a look on their site now and see what they can do for me, if i can insure an fr for that much or a vrs i will be definately getting one.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members