V15NEV's Ibiza Mk3 Project - Cupra Grill, Wind Def's, Vinyl Fitted (Update 08/09/08)

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
Great looking car Nev, though I'd go for the black vinyl again, did it on mine and am well chuffed with it, was only £12 or so from my local dealer, all pre cut and everything.

Only problem is I have a few barely noticalbe bubbles in it. Did you have any bubbles in your carbon fiber effect one? I tried so hard lol, but they still got in there!

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
Great looking car Nev, though I'd go for the black vinyl again, did it on mine and am well chuffed with it, was only £12 or so from my local dealer, all pre cut and everything.

Only problem is I have a few barely noticalbe bubbles in it. Did you have any bubbles in your carbon fiber effect one? I tried so hard lol, but they still got in there!

The carbon vinyl was on the car when i bought it and it didnt have any bubbles or anythin, not put black on yet but hopefully i'll do it soon...

Update on the car:

Its in having a new pedal box housing as the old one was bolloxed, i'm not a happy bunny cos its been in all week....

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Nev... i have just got my hands on a cupra spoiler and have sprayed it with a spray con i got from colourtech (a local paint shop who does paint matching. my prblem is, it is a little patchy and not the best of finished.. will this come out with a good t-cut or would it be better for me to lightly sand the sploier down using some 1500 -2000 grit and then spary the thing again ? also how many paint layers did you put on?

i have done 4 rimer layers, mildly sanding down between each coat to give a good finish. then applied 3 layers of paint. i may apply more as t seems to be a little delicate at the moment, (put a little dink in the paint by accident :cry:

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
The project is back on track now after having to have the welds in the pedal box done...

Gonna have my wheels refurbed and sparayed black and then get some coilovers me thinks... then the car really does need a good t-cut to get it shining... also ordered some standard rear lights o replace the chavvy ones that are there at the mo...

I'm excited again cos its been a dull few months... woo hoo

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
had a weld or two sorted and a new clutch cable - now i need two front tyres but i thought while i'm doing that i'll have the wheels refurbed and while the wheels are off i'll bung in some coilovers... i was lookin at Leon Cupras but looking at the way tax/petrol/insurance is going i'm better of with the ibiza at the mo... i still see your yellow ibiza parked near me everyday... if you ever decide to sell, let me know

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
nev are you looking to get rid of your all red lights for standard ones?

I'd be happy to offer a swap, if you can cancel the ones you've ordered?

***just remembered their lexus lights, not sure ill be too keen now lol, send us a pm anyway nev i might still be interested

Last edited:

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
Check out the RIMS lol!!! My alloys in for a refurb at the moment so these are on till they are finsihed... I'm havin them sprayed black... my jamex coilovers have also arrived now so they will be going on with the wheels...

S6300118.jpg

New Standard Rear Lights as my lexus ones were a bit chavvy...

S6300119.jpg

Black Alloy Aerial - from the Bay £6.00 - BARGAIN!!

S6300120.jpg

I'll post some more pics once the wheels and coilovers are on...

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
looking good mate. put the suspension on now and deck it with those tiny wheels. will look very low.

also are you going to E38 ? would be nice to have a look around yours :)

also on a plus side... really liking the standard rear lights, look miles better IMHO

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
where is E38 based??? I really do prefer the standard rears when i see the pics... i will wind it right down with the little wheels and get some pics then i'll stick my alloys on and see the difference in height...

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
Cheers mate... that is exactly what i thought lol!!

I'm running out of things to do now...

It needs a good t-cut and touch up in some areas, that will probably be next...

Then mesh for my bottom valance...

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Sit back and relax i would mate. Enjoy your handywork lol!

I completely forgot as well you had put buckets in etc...theyre really isnt much else you can do is there :D

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.