VAG COM from EBAY?

kennygray81

has anyone bought vag com software from ebay? the lead and free software? if so, how was it?? worth the money? its fairly cheap from what i can see, around £13! including usb lead, or is it just too good to be true??:shrug:

ChrisUK

Eat My Smoke
Oct 20, 2004
Liverpool, UK
I got a cable & driver from Ebay for £9 - came with the software as well, but downloaded it from ROSS TECH to be on the safe side.

Worked 1st time

kennygray81

ok thanks lads, going to buy it and download the software from rosstech i think! just incase i have anymore probs with the LCR :happy:

Theresias

Or just buy a VAS 5051 like me :funk:

Pah, outdated device - no updates anymore, so you are stuck with Basis 12. :p

If you really wanna spend money, get a 5051B or a 5052A - but then we're talking about 5-10k ;)

Besides, what the VAS doesn't do...

• data logging
  • real time graphs
  • real time gauges
  • graphic TDI timing checker
  • turbo mode for viewing live data
  • coding latest models requires online access and even then only gives you the factory values without a chance to do personal adjustments to those values or even retrofits
  • dual ECU live data

...and more. ;)

Last edited:

UKLooney

I bought a cheap one (tight assed scotsman), wasn't worth diddly squat...

kennygray81

just got mine in today, the disc my software came on had a TROJAN virus on it!! nice! thank god for norton anti-virus!!!!:)

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
I've downloaded the software from Ross Tech, but where can I get a cable to work with a 2004 Leon and a 2004 Skoda Octavia VRS? (its all new to me :confused: )

Ros Tech want some real serious money for the kit!!

Theresias

A 2004 Seat Leon must be the "old" 1M model which your question about the Octavia is not so clear. In 2004 there were 2 types been sold, the old 1U and the newer 1Z. Depending on which you are talking about the answer you are looking for differes.

You may wanna take a look at this page too...

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/canbus.html

...and when it comes to pricing, it always comes down to what you want and expect for your money. ;)

mrbubba

Aug 24, 2008
A 2004 Seat Leon must be the "old" 1M model which your question about the Octavia is not so clear. In 2004 there were 2 types been sold, the old 1U and the newer 1Z. Depending on which you are talking about the answer you are looking for differes.

You may wanna take a look at this page too...

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/canbus.html

...and when it comes to pricing, it always comes down to what you want and expect for your money. ;)

I don't want to change anything, I just want to see if I have a fault. The Leon seems to have an electrical issue, as the windows, remote locking and interior light no longer work. Seems silly to spend several hundred dollars on a kit, when even the dealer won't charge that much :D

The Octavia is a Mk1 vrs, not sure about 1U or 1Z
The leon is a 54 registered Mk1

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
I don't want to change anything, I just want to see if I have a fault. The Leon seems to have an electrical issue, as the windows, remote locking and interior light no longer work. Seems silly to spend several hundred dollars on a kit, when even the dealer won't charge that much :D

You can always get together with someone on this forum who has the tool and let them scan your car. The cost might be a couple of beers - even less than the dealer.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members