VAG COM on Vista

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Gendan sells full version genuine interfaces on their website. The one you chose is an aftermarket unit which Gendan provides for those who want to go the route you are talking about. However, these are not going to run current version of the VAG-COM Diagnostic Software (VCDS) which happens to be version 704. That interface will only run version 409 which is not Vista compatible.

All of our distributors listed on our website sell full version genuine interfaces.

Last edited:

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
I guess i'd be better of contacting Gendan direct then? If either of the above links is indeed what i'm after then its going to cost either £200 or £260 to get vagcom to run on Vista. Which in that case i'll pass. as thats quite a hike in price over the £120 to get it running on XP.

Looks like a dual boot install of XP is on the menu. Thanks for your time.

MikeA

MAF Destroyer
Nov 14, 2005
Northants
Not sure if I'm mis-understanding here but why does Gendan charge you £200 or £260 to run Vag-Com on Vista?

Couldnt you just download the latest software direct from Ross-Tech and buy a USB interface cable (VAG-COM License with KEY-USB Interface) for $249 which is about £125?

Are the Gendan ones the professional kits which includes more than one type of cable?

All I want is a genuine cable from Ross-Tech that I can use on my Vista LapTop to work with Ibiza Mk3.

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ross-Tech does not set the price that a distributor charges. The distributor looks at all of their costs and then determines the price at which they offer the product. Earlier in this thread the question was asked how much it costs to ship from the US to the UK. The cost is about $35 USD. Also remember that the product is taxed by your government at somewhere around 17.5% if memory servers. So, that too has to be added to the cost for the distributor.

Beaker™

Slightly Unhinged........
Nov 21, 2005
C:\UK\Glos
Been messing about for ages and it doesnt seem to work

When I choose COM4 vag-com always says interface found, non Ross-tech type, but it says this regardless if the cable is plugged in to the USB plug or not.

Mine gives the same message, but mine works ok. I'm pretty sure its not a case of you cable being non genuine.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise