VAG Throttle Body Adaptors?

jamiebennett81

reading over an old issue of Performance Tuner, they have in there a "VAG Throttle Body Adaptors" for drive by wire versions

they are £85.00 from Regal Autosport and it is an adaptor from the 2.7 audi TT or 24v vr6 which fits the 1.8T

they state the benefits of these throttle bodies is that they have larger butterfly valves than the standard 1.8 turbo versions, which allows a greater volume of air to pass through the same throttle movement

the adaptors come complete with gaskets and all the hardware required to mount the throttle bodies

I have tried searching on the regal website www.regal-auto.co.uk but cannot find it on there

SO.....does anyone have any experience of these at all?

for a reasonable price, it looks like a good modification:confused:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you have to ask yourself WHY?

is your car std smallport?
Is it running a k0x turbo?

Is the inlet manifold you would bolt this larger throttle onto also enlarged for this increase in 'flow potential'

I say potential, as unless you have a turbo to justify the extra area from a throttle body alone, and an inlet manifold and cylinder head port flow to go with it, you will be spending money for next to no gains.

all IMHO.

That said, I have proven, at a certain level of performance, a change from the stock 59mm dbw throttle to a 75mm throttle , and manifold to suit, on largeport WILL give significant gains. 485bhp to 517bhp in my own motor for no other change.

Dont expect anything on a k0x unit on smallport head.

Sales pitch me thinks.. more to it than bigger is better.
:)

jamiebennett81

you have to ask yourself WHY?

is your car std smallport?
Is it running a k0x turbo?

Is the inlet manifold you would bolt this larger throttle onto also enlarged for this increase in 'flow potential'

I say potential, as unless you have a turbo to justify the extra area from a throttle body alone, and an inlet manifold and cylinder head port flow to go with it, you will be spending money for next to no gains.

all IMHO.

That said, I have proven, at a certain level of performance, a change from the stock 59mm dbw throttle to a 75mm throttle , and manifold to suit, on largeport WILL give significant gains. 485bhp to 517bhp in my own motor for no other change.

Dont expect anything on a k0x unit on smallport head.

Sales pitch me thinks.. more to it than bigger is better.
:)

thanks for your technical help Bill:)

I will only ever be running the standard K03s on my 6spd Leon, with standard inlet manifold, so with your explanation, it would not be worth the £85

your evo heat shield that you sell is worth the money and is a better modification according to my friends stg2 ibiza....;)

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
£85+ bigger throttle body, which is much more ££#

well saved for stuff which will actually do something for you other than lighten your wallet

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.