VagCom - Things you can do Guide

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
After spending loads of time looking at various forums, threads and the ross tech website, i have put together a list of the most common things that can be changed and how to do them.

This is just for easy to reference as everything is in one place. If you break your car doing any of these procedures that is nothing to do with me, so be careful when making changes. I've not tried all of these things yet so please ensure you do your own research before applying stuff to your car.

And thanks to all the peoples threads/guides/help docs etc that most of this has been copied from.

http://cid-8426f76a1366221d.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/VagcomTodos.pdf

I have stuck this on a free hosting site at the minute but is there a place on seatcupra.net hosting servers for this file, just incase it gets removed in the future?

if there any other things you know of please contribute.

also admins could this be made into a sticky?

Last edited:

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
when i click it, i get a save as dialog box?
can i somehow attach it to this thread or anyone know any where else i can upload it to, thanks

andycupra

status subject to change
this is the message i get:

This file is hosted by Tripod, a Lycos®Network Site, and is not available for download. Please check out Tripod's Help system for more information about Remote Loading and our Remote Loading policy.

however it may be my pc..? others may be ok?

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
it maybe that cos it is a free hosting site, it says

File Sharing
Enabling File Sharing allows you to link to files (images, MP3s, video files, etc.) in your Tripod directory from other websites. Posting images on auction sites is an example of File Sharing. This feature is only available to Tripod premium subscription plan members.

weird how when i click the link i get a save dialog? does it work for anyone?
if not, anyone know where i can host it for free.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
it it a large file.... can you email it to me. no good for anyone else, but i would find it really usefull being a vagcom newbie

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
That just looks like information that has been directly copied from Ross-Tech's website to me....

it is from a few places, but like i said in first post. trying to put it all in one place so it is eaay for everyone, as when i got vagcom i didn't have a clue what i could do and took ages search all the threads and help docs to find info that i could use.

Not trying to say i wrote it, just trying to help newbies like myself get started.

If there is a problem (copyright etc) let me know and i will remove the file.

as i say just trying to help and contribute to the community. :redface:

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
its helped me tbh, having it all in one place dave. could well do with a section like this for peole to add vagcom procedures for new users like myself tbh.

cjhawker

Mar 23, 2009
Chester
its helped me tbh, having it all in one place dave. could well do with a section like this for peole to add vagcom procedures for new users like myself tbh.

glad it has helped . I had the same problem like you have now, people saying you got to get vagcom, so i got it then didn't have a clue how to use it or what i could change :think:.

If anyone has other good things they know you can do with vagcom, reply and add it to this thread:D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise