Valet mode for decat MOT?

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Just wondering if there's a way that I can get round having to put my cats back on for MOT really, as I really can't be fooked with them! I've got an APR switchable map, one of which is valet mode. I'm a total newbie to engine management and have no idea at all whether this is a stupid question to ask - But what are the chances of valet mode passing an emissions test for MOT?

As far as I'm aware, there's no turbo spool under this mode, would that mean that the fuelling decreases and therefore it kicks out less crap?

Help appreciated..

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
I doubt turning the turbo off would make it any better tbh :\
Ask about the MOT stations, perhaps someone will be willing to pass you if you ask nicely...

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
Just have to put the cat back in, or makes some friends with anone who does MOT's... lol

Anyone ever been pulled over by VOSA and had their exhaust checked? Because that would really suck

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
Just have to put the cat back in, or makes some friends with anone who does MOT's... lol

Anyone ever been pulled over by VOSA and had their exhaust checked? Because that would really suck

i have been running decats for years now, been pulled over by the fuzz to many times but they never did a check to see if i was running a decat :)

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Cheers for the responses - Gutting all the same. I've *touch wood* never been pulled by the popo, and only ever seen VOSA checking lorries round this way, surely you'd have to get a rectification notice before they could fine you or anything though?

It's just the thought of turbo lag for a week that's daunting :lol:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.