very little boost after fitting twister filter

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Tempted fait!!!!

Went to RS day at lulworth castle today on way back had a little play with a Focus RS and guess what ............Limp mode again!

Could the filter be causing the car to over boost it is definatley boosting higher than before ive checked all pipes and connections hardly touched anything when the filterwas fitted. Could it be the Maf as first thought.

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
you keep mentioning that the blow off is really loud now...but its not blowing off through air filter right? Because sounds like chatter...?

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
been vag d and nothing has come up no faults!!!
its not showin the management lamp either.

Whats the difference with chatter and what causes it.
It still going into limp mode after about an hour of driving.
Goin to put original filter back i think. Just had a thought would it make any difference if the 007 was fitted the wrong way!!!

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
A failing maf sometimes doesnt throw up a fault....didnt on mine and had similar problems with it going into limp mode every so often......carnt remember if this will work but someone else might confirm, when it goes into limp mode again diconnect the electrical sensor that plugs into the maf and see if it boosts normal again.....

Dec 31, 2005
London
does point towards the maf.
what was on there before? sometimes increasing air flow can kill a maf that was probably on its way out already.
a combination of a lambda probe and a new jetex filter killed my maf going from a standard box with green panel filter.

freddie

super duper cupra...
Apr 2, 2007
Hull, East Yorkshire
also check the 007 valve is holding pressure simply remove from tip press piston up with finger the nip vaccum pipe and let go of piston. If the piston returns to start position then you have a leak in the valve.

Daz_cupra

The Flyin Scotsman
Nov 6, 2007
~Montrose~
mine done this after fitting my dynatwist.........checked it out myself and found the hose from the top of the dumpvalve to the N249 valve had come off

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
Checked all pipework seems fine. Would the light come on if there was a boost leak.
Had standard filter fitted before.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise