very quick evo

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
weenie said:
End of the day im sure you would choose to have that Evo over your Ibiza. Had a VI and I dont see how you can even try and compare an Ibiza to a Evo!!!!! Some people love their cars a little too much!!!![/QUOTE

whos comparing cars its all about straight line performance the mitsi is a far superior car but i have mainly built my ibiza for drag racing so fook the boot space cornering looks bollocks

cu51pra

black ibiza cupra
Mar 15, 2005
harlow in essex
didgy2 said:
some people just cant accept a >£9000 car could come close to a £30 000 car it would seem.

dont mean people on here, just here it all the time.
it would be great if every road was straight come to a bend then see who wins i know where my money is:p

Apr 28, 2003
??????????
Visit site
NeilC said:
Theres your answer then, the evo wasn't 'very quick', your just both really slow...

/jokes

To be fair tho, how did you know he was really trying, i know i wouldnt overtake a car that was breaking the speed limit already unless it was extra safe to do so. Especially if that car was a jumped up shopping trolley (from evo driver's viewpoint). It's not worth the risk of pushing other people who's abilities/willingness to die to win are unknown.

Have you read the thread " He was gutted and is a little to cocky for his own good at times" and this was the comment made by his mate. If he was not trying why would he be gutted. Also the fact he asked me what i had done to my car and could not believe he was beaten so badly. Fact is i can afford to go out and buy a fq400 and unlock the Ecu and remap it, but after looking at them and driving them i just dont fancy one. I will just swap turbos on the ibiza do the internals and push for 430-450bhp in the Ibiza at the end of the year.

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
Madmile said:
Have you read the thread " He was gutted and is a little to cocky for his own good at times" and this was the comment made by his mate. If he was not trying why would he be gutted. Also the fact he asked me what i had done to my car and could not believe he was beaten so badly. Fact is i can afford to go out and buy a fq400 and unlock the Ecu and remap it, but after looking at them and driving them i just dont fancy one. I will just swap turbos on the ibiza do the internals and push for 430-450bhp in the Ibiza at the end of the year.

should be interesting getting off the line with all that power:think:

3rd 4th and 5th should be good:D
im looking into new internals for mine but not gonna go massive turbo just ko4 i think:think: but a great big squirt of nos when i need it:p

Shock_Xe

anyone maybe think that it might of been an fq 300 with the fins added?

didgy2

newbe
Feb 19, 2004
glos
Visit site
cu51pra said:
it would be great if every road was straight come to a bend then see who wins i know where my money is:p

i dont think anyone would say they can do an evo on a corner....unless the ibiza gets there first.....like to see the evo go by on the outside:roflmao:

anyway im off to get in my 4 wheel drive car now;)

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
fook knows what it was it could of been a 260 for all i care....
it certainly shifted ive seen some fast cossies etc in my time and this thing moved

Casper

swoooooooosh
Jul 7, 2005
Yesterday i met a m3csl on the fast road. It has 360bhp and 1385kg weight so i knew i would put up a decent performance. But he just couldnt match my torque so i gave him some 2-3 cars from second gear up to fifth gear. When were doing around 130-135mph he was holding the distance pretty well (me infront round 3 cars), because past redline my turbo is losing his breath a his 6 cylinder does well in the high rpm's. All in all from second to fifth my car was faster but past 130mph it think i would be very close, we didn't try because the road wasn't suitable for that kind of speed.

tackleberry

300+ spanish donkeys yeha
Jun 25, 2005
Ross on Wye
didgy2 said:
just thoughts tho, i never got to play with much more than 1 poor blue ibiza:p
you cheeky little biatch,
don't quote me but I'm sure once the fq400 was launched mitsubishi started putting the fins on the options list

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
Casper said:
Yesterday i met a m3csl on the fast road. It has 360bhp and 1385kg weight so i knew i would put up a decent performance. But he just couldnt match my torque so i gave him some 2-3 cars from second gear up to fifth gear. When were doing around 130-135mph he was holding the distance pretty well (me infront round 3 cars), because past redline my turbo is losing his breath a his 6 cylinder does well in the high rpm's. All in all from second to fifth my car was faster but past 130mph it think i would be very close, we didn't try because the road wasn't suitable for that kind of speed.

im pretty sure those things rev to 8500!!
the torque is great on these engines

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
didgy2 said:
i dont think anyone would say they can do an evo on a corner....unless the ibiza gets there first.....like to see the evo go by on the outside:roflmao:

Wanna bet?
I am racing against EVO's and they are no better in the corners... but are very good for traction obviously putting down their power where fwd spins up. Good balance under braking too, but not better thru the corners per-say

you would be surprised.

ibiza-cupra

May 6, 2006
castleford
ibizacupra said:
Wanna bet?
I am racing against EVO's and they are no better in the corners... but are very good for traction obviously putting down their power where fwd spins up. Good balance under braking too, but not better thru the corners per-say

you would be surprised.

finally someone with experiance;)