Vgate vs450

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Hi guys
As its my bday tomorrow one of my presents is a vgate vs450 scanner which according to reviews is a good budget one but apparently is a rebranded sealey unit which sells at £300 +!
Anyone got/used one ?
If not il let you know how I get on with mine over the next few days!
Ak

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
Well just. Tried air and it picked up I have a passenger side airbag crash sensor fault! Plus a lambda sensor fault as well!
So it's a great unit and way to use! Well worth the money!
Ak

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
They're a great piece of kit and i often use mine over much more expensive equipment that I have.

They are originally made by autel who's products are very highly rated in my opinion, the sealey unit is just re-branded then given a ridiculous price tag.

kosymodo

Jun 10, 2012
Warminster
What are the limitations of this device? I've had a quick read of the official spec, but am wondering what it can't do on a day-to-day basis? What can't this do that VCDS-lite can?

akchappers

Jun 27, 2010
Gillingham Dorset.
I don't know mate to be honest but it seems to do most things! Airbags, engine, electrics. Told me one if my electric mirrors wasn't working right and it wasn't! Pulled up a lambda sensor amongst other things! Tell me what you want it to do and il tell you if it can! It's a fast loader too and really fast!
Ak

kosymodo

Jun 10, 2012
Warminster
I don't know mate to be honest but it seems to do most things! Airbags, engine, electrics. Told me one if my electric mirrors wasn't working right and it wasn't! Pulled up a lambda sensor amongst other things! Tell me what you want it to do and il tell you if it can! It's a fast loader too and really fast!
Ak

Sounds good! I might have to invest in one

kosymodo

Jun 10, 2012
Warminster
Sounds good! I might have to invest in one

Yay, VS450 arrived this morning in work, so can't wait to get it to my car this evening to try it out!

Interesting to see that a USB 'update' cable was included in the pack. Can't find any reference to how to actually update the unit in either the user manual or on the internet.

First impressions are good...the user manual's English isn't that bad to be fair! :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.