Vibrating brake pedal...

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
Hi.. Been a while since ive posted an issue here.....

well the past week ive noticed that every so often.. maybe once or twice per travel that if i put the my brake pedal on just a tiny bit to slow down i get a quick vibration in my foot...to describe it i would so it felt like a electric toothbrush vibrating on my foot..

as said only happens if i slightly press the brake pedal..if i push any harder it will go, but it doesnt always happen? :confused:

Cheers..

cescill

Hi! Have you checked your discbrakes? it could be a flooey disc or the silent blocks... When you steer does the wheel vibrate?

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
cheers, will give it a scan see if anything pops up...

havent checked discs/ pads as of yet... steering wheel doesnt vibrate when i turn no.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
I have a very similar problem its intermittent, from say 10mph >> 0mph slowing down, sometimes when I press the brake pedal the abs kicks in even though I'm braking gently on a dry road. Checked codes, no abs sensors are flagging up. Seems to happen more when say.. turning into a parking space.....ABS ring damaged? Does'nt happen at normal road speeds though.

Any change/joy with this M87NER?

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
i havent had chance to scan my car yet for faults as carnt get vagcom work on me new lappy,

it hasnt happened in the past week wierdly which makes me wonder, so probs will check soon though but me car is been taken off the road next month.

benh999

could be faulty ABS sensor or the sensor has been pushed on too far.

benh999

well my cars in at the moment and the vibrating pedal is one of my issues, I've been told a few bits a that could be the problem. I'll let you know the outcome

benh999

The mechanic @ RSD in Daventry did give me some possible solutions on why the pedal vibrates however until the proble is solved I hold back on posting possibile solutions, dont want to be giving out flase information/solutions

Regards

Ben

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
I've fixed my problem with this.. first of all I cleaned my ABS sensors, still no luck. No codes for them either.

Had a knocking rattling noise which I thought was a knackered OSF CV joint, went to start the job and somehow my hub nut was not even hand tight :confused: Not sure how that was.

Anyway tightened it up, knocking/grinding/rattly noise away. ABS problems 5mph> 0 fixed.

Just check your hub nuts are tight first, thats all am saying.

evans1089

Jul 9, 2009
Chesterfield
I've fixed my problem with this.. first of all I cleaned my ABS sensors, still no luck. No codes for them either.

Had a knocking rattling noise which I thought was a knackered OSF CV joint, went to start the job and somehow my hub nut was not even hand tight :confused: Not sure how that was.

Anyway tightened it up, knocking/grinding/rattly noise away. ABS problems 5mph> 0 fixed.

Just check your hub nuts are tight first, thats all am saying.

Did you have the hub nut off at anytime? I have exactly same problem. Just had new discs and calipers fitted but not taken the hub nut off at any time.

Spud_G40

Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Had been off before mate yeh to do turbo change once (took o/s shaft out) and a cv boot another time. Both were a long while before the problem though. If problem ever comes back I'll know what it is and put a new nut on as they are an off circle shape when new.