• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now
Hello everyone. I have the same problem, but this vibration is what it is, it disappears. I changed the tires from summer to winter tires and this vibration appeared. But I have Brembo brakes. Wheels are the 19th original.
 
Hello all.

First off: I do not have a solution, unfortunately.

What I can offer is slightly more info.

I have a leased 2021 Formentor e-hybrid 204 hp which also shakes.
I got the car last may with brand new Yokohama BluEarth GT on the original Cupra 19" rims.
It shaked a bit from the start but I choose to give the new tyres a chance to set (in hope that was the issue).
The shaking persisted over the summer and I informed the lease company.
Winter came and a fresh set of winter wheels was bought (by the leasing company): GMP Italia 18" with Nexen tyres.
The shaking got way less and I didn't noticed it, simply because I had gotten used to the summer shaking.

Summer season 2026 arrives, I get summer wheels on and the shaking is back.
I complain to the leasing company.
Over the summer they try to correct the OEM rims for any imperfections, they install new Continental Sport Contact 7, they install new lower control arms in the front and a 4 wheel alignment.
Shaking persist.
They then claim that with the winter tires the shaking is gone to a degree that they will not use any more time or money chasing the issue and I'll have to live with it.

I've gotten the winter wheels installed today and correct, the shaking is way less, but it's there, nonetheless.

It feels mechanical. Like a wheel hub is crooked, a drive shaft/CV axle out of balance or something and it follows the wheel rotation.
At high speeds the car or steering wheel shakes, depending on where it chooses to "resonate".
At slower speeds (50-80 km/h) the car somehow feel wobbly.

It might end in a car swap at the leasing company since they can't find the fault.