vibration through steering

Derek

Jun 5, 2004
Kirkmuirhill
above 90mph or so there is a vibration through the steering, is it the balance or tracking, or is it something worse???:confused:

Engram

If it's above 90mph then I shouldn't worry about it too much! How often to you do 90mph+?!

bizzaboy

If it's above 90mph then I shouldn't worry about it too much! How often to you do 90mph+?!

Exactly :p

I once had an issue like this, felt a slight 'shake' (or wobble :confused: ) from about 60mph. Turned out one of the rear wheels when it was put back onto the car wasnt straight (after a service)!!

Removed the wheel and CAREFULLY put it back on, and the issue disappeared immediately! :blink:

joonspoon

175hp. 275lbs/ft.
Nov 18, 2006
Oxfordshire
Defo Wheel balance.

weird tho as ive always felt wheel balance from 70++

Have you checked both the outside AND inside rims for damage?
Rim damage could be a factor.
The idea that you can "feel" wheel balance at any speed seems odd to me. :shrug:

The whole point of having the wheels balanced is so that all vibration/judder/steering deviation is removed isn't it? :confused:

You might also want to consider a full geometry check.
Most tyre places can do it.

Regards Guy.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
i would prob say its 99% balancing i have the same problem at the moment as i just bought some 2nd hand cupra alloys but going to jabba tomorrow and going to get them to have a look at the balancing whilst they are there and also traking as i am having uprated bushes so they have to do the tracking after

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise