Views on remaps on standard clutch

steve p

peggy
Feb 4, 2009
staffordshire
Dont know wheather to have a remap due to clutch slip any one got any views on having it done Is it best to have the sachs clutch fitted cheers

gus

Jun 27, 2006
hi mate i had my remap from p torque in wolverhampton, i got before and after dyno runs and i was very pleased with the outcome, the clutch does slip under load only from 3rd onwards, but its totally fine after 3k revs. so the stanadrd clutch will be ok if you drive that way,....

but i think after time its worth changing the clutch so the whole power can be used.

if you drive carefully you will be fine as i have since jan , now i totally blow some people away with the powe i have :))))

steve p

peggy
Feb 4, 2009
staffordshire
No clutch slip think p torque are doing sachs clutch for 650 fitted so might do that before the remap just to be safe can you really feel the differnts having it mapped then
cheers

gus

Jun 27, 2006
i do get it on load in 3rd onwards around 2k but 3k onwards its fine, i would get the clutch asap then u can have the full fat p torque map and not even worry about slip, and for £650 thats a deal, i happened to get mine very cheap and very luckily :) but i still need to fit it.

gus

Jun 27, 2006
if u have the cltch fitted u may be able to go for the satge 2 as i dont think that chaging the exhaust will prove a great difference so i heard on tdi,s coulld be wrong though

teepee4bh

Returning old timer
Apr 19, 2009
Durham
Word of advice ......i've had 3 130pd's now

DO NOT EXCEED 400Nm torque with std clutch or come winter it will slip like a gud'un

cardaft

Apr 21, 2007
If the clutch is slipping, it wont last too long before it is slipping more and more, as the friction plate will wear.

Id get an uprated clutch and then get a map, you will probably end up doing it after the map anyway.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
hey, how does this apply to a fr petrol remap, as you all seem to be tdi rivers? would it be a good idea to go for a better cluth for that too prior to a remap? if so, what sort and where d'ya get them from+ how much?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
hey, how does this apply to a fr petrol remap, as you all seem to be tdi rivers? would it be a good idea to go for a better cluth for that too prior to a remap? if so, what sort and where d'ya get them from+ how much?

The clutch slipping problem is only with the 130,150 and 160 diesel engines.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
so is the cupra clutch different to the fr clutch?? if so would that be a cheaper upgrade than say a sach?

Same clutch IIRC, it's just luck really and the way you drive it.

It seems odd to me that people say "don't floor it till after 3k revs" . 2k-3k revs is where it all happens with a diesel :shrug:

JPS3290

Dirty Diesel
Jun 6, 2003
Durham
Visit site

It seems odd to me that people say "don't floor it till after 3k revs" . 2k-3k revs is where it all happens with a diesel :shrug:

I floor mine from 1500k, I just make sure I'm in the right gear for the job. I only get clutch judder if i accidentally floored it in say 4th at 1500.

mymorph

Feb 21, 2005
wolves

thanks for that.
well for me its 2-4300 revs, pulls better and harder all the way through.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.