VT5 is on

shtrumfy2k

do u know what it is? i can build a hybrid turbo and i would like to make a VT5
i found a company who can make them as u like and i dont' know what configuration is a VT5

thank you

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
i found a company who can make them as u like and i dont' know what configuration is a VT5

thank you

But why do you need to build a copy of the VT5,,, just take the parts you need and mount them together,,, what engine is that of yours?

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
If a VT2 is a 17/20, then there's the VT3, the VT4, I mean the VT5 should be enormous,,, and considering there's up to the VT7, I guess that would be too big for a 1.9 liter,,,

I mean, just by guess it *could* be:

VT2 = 17/20
VT3 = 20/22
VT4 = 22/25
VT5 = 25/30 :confused: this alone would be too big for a 1.9 imho,,,

unless they use some different wheels like the 18 etc,,, but then the differences between a 17 and a 18 are minimal,,,

Last edited:

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site

thank you

oh and btw, what's involved in such a job? it's just an unbolt-small-compressor-bolt-on-bigger-compressor job or you need balancing and other stuff??

shtrumfy2k

i have a 2.0 tdi

i dont know what to say about the job
they recommend 18/20 and offered me 1 year full warranty

shtrumfy2k

it will be a 18/20 bolt-on so a little bit bigger but very good(so they say)
i'll keep you posted on the results

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
I assume that a 17/20 and a 18/20, having both a 20 compressor/cold side, are good for the same power, the only difference between the two options is that one has a smaller turbine/hot side so that should spool up faster,,, on the other side, maybe a 18/20 is a bit more balanced but maybe I'm talking bs here, it's just a thought,,,

FabiaTDi

VT5 :D
Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade the turbine wheel of the VNT17 whilst keeping the VNT17 integrated turbine manifold?

Are you limited with a VNT17 hybrid to just fitting larger compressor/cold side hardware.?
e.g I'm assuming Allards VT2 has a standard VNT17 turbine/hot side but with a modified compressor side.

shadowmaker

2.5TDI 228kW 587Nm@1,3bar
Feb 28, 2007
I assume that a 17/20 and a 18/20, having both a 20 compressor/cold side, are good for the same power, the only difference between the two options is that one has a smaller turbine/hot side so that should spool up faster,,, on the other side, maybe a 18/20 is a bit more balanced but maybe I'm talking bs here, it's just a thought,,,

It usually isn't the compressor that keeps the power down. With bigger turbine it's sometimes easy to gain some 20-30hp even using the same boost as BP stays lower. TDIs usually have problems with the exhaust side, not the intake.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Does anyone know if its possible to upgrade the turbine wheel of the VNT17 whilst keeping the VNT17 integrated turbine manifold?

QUOTE]

If you want to make your own hybrid VNT 17 turbo click on the links below.
Turbine wheels http://turbomaster.info/eng/applications/turbine.php
Compressor wheels http://turbomaster.info/eng/applications/compressor.php

Official Garret dealer

Doesn`t mean they know shite about diesel tuning and whats best for your car not that i have a clue who you are talking about since most companies that sale turbos are Garret dealers.

FabiaTDi

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site

QUOTE]

If you want to make your own hybrid VNT 17 turbo click on the links below.
Turbine wheels http://turbomaster.info/eng/applications/turbine.php
Compressor wheels http://turbomaster.info/eng/applications/compressor.php

Doesn`t mean they know shite about diesel tuning and whats best for your car not that i have a clue who you are talking about since most companies that sale turbos are Garret dealers.

Thanks for the link.. :)

golisago

Can i just chip in here and say that the Vt2 from Allard is a full vnt17 turbo , but with the housing/housings milled out to except bigger wheel/wheels depending what spec you want need.

Right up to the VT5 which i am not a 100% shaw if in fact it actually has/incorperates the vnt20 comp housing , i know of a company who are making such a turbo with the vnt20 comp housing and the vnt17 turbine housing but with a larger turbine wheel.

Doing it this way won't give to much extra lag / spool up time plus more flow.

FabiaTDi

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Can i just chip in here and say that the Vt2 from Allard is a full vnt17 turbo , but with the housing/housings milled out to except bigger wheel/wheels depending what spec you want need.

Right up to the VT5 which i am not a 100% shaw if in fact it actually has/incorperates the vnt20 comp housing , i know of a company who are making such a turbo with the vnt20 comp housing and the vnt17 turbine housing but with a larger turbine wheel.

Doing it this way won't give to much extra lag / spool up time plus more flow.

Would a VNT20 compressor housing be an easy bolt on to a VNT17 turbine housing then?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise