VW centre LCD screen

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Hi guys, ive noticed theres a rectangular groove in the middle of my dash where an LCD screen would usually be on a golf etc. is it possible to fit one to an ibiza? might be an interesting mod
________
George ryton

Last edited:

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
DSC92.JPG

the groove in the middle mate where the VW logo would usually be in the golf
________
Fisting Deep

Last edited:

depresion

Dec 14, 2005
It's always bugged me that it's there with nothing on it. It's like when you get a poverty spec hire car and it as all the blank switches.

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
yeah have always wondered what its for..does nothing on my cupra!!

my mate has a mk4 golf gti and his seems to be the trip computer...petrol consumption, mileage i tank, etc

sydoggkdy

Jan 23, 2008
Kirkcaldy!!
just looked at my car, when i start it up it shows the little oil can and the key immob' symbol, so guesing it gets used for differnt symbols.

si

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
that is the screen to show all hazardous things like, oil, handbrake secure, service light, engine management light etc.....nothin more

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
VW and Audi get a nicer computer that displays in there, we just get hazard symbols lit up by LED bulbs.

those of us lucky enough to get a computer get it in a poxy little display that you have to scroll through to get the info you want!

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
good job i took some pics be4 i got out of it earlier :) the top lower section can change through the trip computer, the top bit is for the warning lights....

Image534.jpg

Image535.jpg

Image536.jpg

the silver (or not so silver in the pics) looks really nice with the blue lighting

Oct 11, 2008
Bristol
:-o:worship:those dials look really nice....

how did you fit them and wat kits/lights did u purchace as ive always wanted to do this on all my cars as i love the neon blue speedo's :idea: ill see about getting all interior lights changed if i can do the dials......

let me know buddy

:cheers:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
i think there anniversary dials there not standard gt tdi dials as they only goto 140... must be the Pd150 tdi ones to goto 160... u might be able to rectro fit them in but i wouldt try it without having a spare dash to hand....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.